cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Barbiemania could impact this movie. I know counterprograming and all that, but there is a chance Barbie could have a bigger weekend when Beetle opens.

WB is of course ecstatic about Barbie, but I imagine they want to make their money back for BB, it has to open #1 that weekend to make headlines and news articles.

Blue Beetle will be number 1.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Could be like Elemental where the opening is weak but it's leggy 

I don't know about that; Elemental had legs because if filled the family movie niche; this does not have that.

Just getting a few good reviews is not going to turn this into a sucess. It still has to overcome CBM burnout and a unknown to most peoople hero. DC history of selling it's lesser known heros is not good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El Gato said:

So Blue Beetle’s second weekend falls on national cinema day? I wonder if that’ll affect the second weekend drop? 

If the movie is good, it can help spread positive WOM and help it make more money in the end.

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The suit is just so cool in action.

That suit is incredible! It looks so good! Practical was definitely the right call and whoever made that decision deserves a raise! 

Also hoping for positive reactions that help trend presales upward on Friday! 

• Like 4

The endorsements feel rather significant considering how little the studio was doing to promote this even before the strikes. When is the embargo for this supposed to end? Cause only time will tell if it was a vote of no confidence in the movie itself or if the DC brand is just that defeated these days.

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The endorsements feel rather significant considering how little the studio was doing to promote this even before the strikes. When is the embargo for this supposed to end? Cause only time will tell if it was a vote of no confidence in the movie itself or if the DC brand is just that defeated these days.

Reactions Friday reviews next Wednesday 

Seems pretty standard to me, not super confident tho but maybe this has more to do with how lifting everything early for Flash turned out 

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Review embargo is too late. Let us see how social embargo helps with presales. I think all the latino advocacy groups supporting the movie is a bigger deal. Not sure if that makes up for lack of promotions. Only time will tell. I am still in its going to underperform.  

Define under-performing though. Do you mean related to the budget? If so, what's the budget?

Or is it related to expectations? Because as far as expectations go, anything over Shazam 2 is not an underperformance at all... I doubt WB is expecting anything above it after Shazam and Flash bombed.

In fact, anything above Flash should be considered a win imo

Edited by Arlborn