cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

So the scoopers were off by a single day. I’d like to think Disney did that on purpose. 

Tend to think the news conference reason is in fact accurate as releasing this during the ESPYs sounds like a natural move.

And trailers have been delayed a day/two thanks to Real World Events before (and they will again).

8 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm pretty sure they changed all this after the exacerbation at Gaza. And it's not like every character that makes it to the movies is faithful to their comics counterpart so don't see what difference it would have made changing her name (unless there's some unknown Sabra fanbase I'm unaware of)

They changed it long before production started. Article from september 14th 2022:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/14/middleeast/marvel-israeli-superhero-mime-intl/index.html

19 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Among who?

What segment of the moviegoing audience that isn’t already pot-committed to this quad of the MCU is saying “what I’ve really been looking forward to is a Hulk sequel without the Hulk”

Who among casual audiences is gonna see another CGI monster and say “that’s the difference maker”

Who is this movie even for? Seriously, someone please tell me.

Marvel fans. Now the market is growing up and also they took a break from their 4 movies at year schedule they could be enough to have a hit movie.

I agree with you i don't see a big appeal ooutside of the Marvel target.

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I’m sorry, but this *looks* ugly. The shot selection and composition looks like dollar store Sam Esmail. The lighting and overall color palate are unappealing. Esposito seems shoehorned in considering he just filmed his scenes 2 months ago. Stilted line delivery from both Mackie and Ford. And I get that the CGI is unfinished but it doesn’t even look inspiring. There’s nothing visually that looks unique.

Ahhh yes, as common as the sun rising in the east, is people complaining about the color palette. Fucking tired of this same complaint over and over again. Find something new.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Among who?

What segment of the moviegoing audience that isn’t already pot-committed to this quad of the MCU is saying “what I’ve really been looking forward to is a Hulk sequel without the Hulk”

Who among casual audiences is gonna see another CGI monster and say “that’s the difference maker”

because they’ve arguably lost some of the old committed audience. Nothing significant but a number that will make the difference between this doing well and really well. 

1 hour ago, Mickiland16 said:

My guess is that this is their way of making both sides as happy as possible because changing the character after already being announced as part of the movie would also create a negative response. 

The best they could have done is just ignore her but they didn't and now there's this debate. I don't think that will made the movie do anything less than what it would do anyways though. 

I think everyone who actively care about the IDF aspect of the character weren't going to see this film in the first place, with or without the changes.

59 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Among who?

Not you, apparently.

Looks to me like a well-edited and misleading tone that is hiding cheesier and less political actual product like the Secret War marketing did, but I'd love to be proven wrong!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Ahhh yes, as common as the sun rising in the east, is people complaining about the color palette. Fucking tired of this same complaint over and over again. Find something new.

Then, frankly, they should try making movies that don't look cheap as hell. People want better for their money these days, especially when other studios are obliging.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

So the scoopers were off by a single day. I’d like to think Disney did that on purpose. 

The ESPYS were delayed a bit by a Joe Biden press conference so that may have been where it was meant to happen. Itd be a hell of a coincidence to be the day after, so it was at least kind of credible.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm pretty sure they changed all this after the exacerbation at Gaza. And it's not like every character that makes it to the movies is faithful to their comics counterpart so don't see what difference it would have made changing her name (unless there's some unknown Sabra fanbase I'm unaware of)

I mean that I don’t know why they’d even go through the trouble of adapting such a controversial character if they’re gonna radically change her anyway. Might as well have not even bothered in the first place. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Not you, apparently.

That’s saying something.

I remember seeing Iron Man opening night, gobsmacked. Enjoyed Incredible Hulk two months later, and the promise of a shared world those films gave.

I did the 18 hour “Phase 1” marathon at AMC for The Avengers opening. Winter Soldier remains my favorite MCU film, next up is Infinity War.

This film should be for me, and I know I’m not the one who feels that way. This just feels botched. I look at this trailer and see another Quantumania, another Love and Thunder. The Marvels was the first MCU film I skipped altogether, and I enjoyed the first one as solid entertainment. Marvel has lost my auto-ticket on goodwill. Mine and many other people.

That said, I think it’s clear to Marvel Studios that they needed to reset internally after Quantumania. This film and Thunderbolts were retooled (Thunderbolts having the benefit of not filming yet), everything F4 onwards is a fresh start, and obviously DP&W will pave the way for more adult MCU content (Blade for starters), which was what Marvel should have done in the first place instead of trying to aim for younger demographics.

I think this film is the last hump for Marvel to get over before things get sunny again. End of essay.

PS: the trailer needs an epilepsy warning

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That’s saying something.

I remember seeing Iron Man opening night, gobsmacked. Enjoyed Incredible Hulk two months later, and the promise of a shared world those films gave.

I did the 18 hour “Phase 1” marathon at AMC for The Avengers opening. Winter Soldier remains my favorite MCU film, next up is Infinity War.

This film should be for me, and I know I’m not the one who feels that way. This just feels botched. I look at this trailer and see another Quantumania, another Love and Thunder. The Marvels was the first MCU film I skipped altogether, and I enjoyed the first one as solid entertainment. Marvel has lost my auto-ticket on goodwill. Mine and many other people.

That said, I think it’s clear to Marvel Studios that they needed to reset internally after Quantumania. This film and Thunderbolts were retooled (Thunderbolts having the benefit of not filming yet), everything F4 onwards is a fresh start, and obviously DP&W will pave the way for more adult MCU content (Blade for starters), which was what Marvel should have done in the first place instead of trying to aim for younger demographics.

I think this film is the last hump for Marvel to get over before things get sunny again. End of essay.

PS: the trailer needs an epilepsy warning

Can we get do the same with your posts? You’ve posted relentlessly stupid shit ever since you started an account. Have you ever posted anything that was remotely correct?

• Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Can we get do the same with your posts? You’ve posted relentlessly stupid shit ever since you started an account. Have you ever posted anything that was remotely correct?

If unwarranted personal attacks are now an acceptable response here to reasoned arguments, then you won’t have to worry about seeing me around here anymore.

43 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Expectation: Winter Soldier

Reality: Secret Invasion

First Avenger/Shazam numbers in case of B+ CS. 

Secret Invasion and Echo first trailers were great...shame about the end products

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

Moderation

One more disrespectful post like this and you will leave me with no choice but to give you a thread ban. Don’t do this again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Two things can be true. One can think the trailer is good while being skeptical the movie ends up being good. Marvel needs to earn that goodwill back. DP and W will be just like Guardians 3 where it will not mean anything for the long term future of the MCU. The next movies have to deliver.  I hope they are getting it to together on this movie. Winter Soldier is my #1 MCU movie and this looks like will play in that sandbox of course. Will it be as good as Winter Soldier. Hell no. I would be happy with Black Widow quality personally since I think that movie is kind of underrated.   If it ends up being Secret Invasion terrible then no thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Two things can be true. One can think the trailer is good while being skeptical the movie ends up being good. Marvel needs to earn that goodwill back. DP and W will be just like Guardians 3 where it will not mean anything for the long term future of the MCU. The next movies have to deliver.  I hope they are getting it to together on this movie. Winter Soldier is my #1 MCU movie and this looks like will play in that sandbox of course. Will it be as good as Winter Soldier. Hell no. I would be happy with Black Widow quality personally since I think that movie is kind of underrated.   If it ends up being Secret Invasion terrible then no thanks.

I actually do think Deadpool and Wolverine will mean something for the long term future of the MCU. In the sense that not only it will hopefully give us an idea on where this universe might be going for the forseeable future, but also just get some of that goodwill that was lost ever since Quantumania. I'm saying that a lot of people are gonna be seeing this movie and unlike Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, D&W will probably have more involvement with the main MCU narrative. 

Maybe this won't happen, but I'm gonna hold out hope that Marvel (starting with Deadpool and Wolverine) will slowly work their way to gain the trust of general audiences again. Even if the discourse surrounding the film will probably we insufferable as we get closer to the release date, I think Captain America: Brave New World has a chance to be genuinely good.