cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

5 minutes ago, Hades said:

I Wonder who/what the scapegoat will be this time........Chapek.....Covid.....writers strike...Victoria Alonso

Marvel: Joker 2 killed the goodwill on comic book movies. We blame Todd Phillips & Joaquin Phoenix

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Hades said:

I Wonder who/what the scapegoat will be this time........Chapek.....Covid.....writers strike...Victoria Alonso

If it flops, Julius Onah will definitely be the one taking the blame, at least by the trades. I’m sure Tatiana Siegel is preparing her hit piece as we speak. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If it flops, Julius Onah will definitely be the one taking the blame, at least by the trades. I’m sure Tatiana Siegel is preparing her hit piece as we speak. 

The Marvel director hit pieces come across as pathetic and pandering to their own egos and maybe the particularly nasty grifters who had their sights set against movies like this and the Marvels before they even hit the screen... for reasons. Because everyone knows that those movies are made by committee and the movies have to follow the will of Feige at the end of the day. The idea that a movies failure is solely on the back of an individual director especially in modern Marvel, is laughable. But the hit pieces will come anyway. 

The campaign against this movie is insane. One source from the test screening said the movie "isn't bad", and another claimed to have liked it a lot, ranking it just behind Guardians Vol. 3 and D&W.

And somehow, here we are.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Durden said:

The campaign against this movie is insane. One source from the test screening said the movie "isn't bad", and another claimed to have liked it a lot, ranking it just behind Guardians Vol. 3 and D&W.

Because "isn't bad" does not get butts in seats.  In fact good reviews as a whole do not seem to get butts in seats.  If MCU fanatics are spending years not planning on seeing it then presales will suffer.  Maybe it rebounds afterwards with great WOM or something.

2 hours ago, Durden said:

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes and even Deadpool 2 had bad test screenings while Flash was called a masterpiece according to scoopers. But let's take their word as gospel already lol.

Edited by Mad Max007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Durden said:

Because we just can't trust Marvel anymore. Plain and simple. They've settled for subpar or even awful products and utterly destroyed the quality control they once had. Most of their content lately has been pretty bad, so naturally the fans have lost a lot of faith in them and are far more inclined to believe negative rumours. And the plot leak itself is pretty damning, and given its proximity to release, likely indicative of the final movie.

I could be wrong, the movie could be great, and Marvel will finally start getting their house back in order starting next year. But my hopes are not high right now.

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

I’m the farthest from a Marvel fanboy but the movie isn’t done. It’s months away. Also the whole point of test screenings is to try and fix things that people complain about. 

ita clear to me though they have to stop hiring these unexoerienced  indie directors. 

Edited by John Marston

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This isn't an indie director though. His last movie was a Cloverfield...sequel?

That honestly makes him worse, as all I hear regularly about that movie is how awful it is. And given that it was an intended theatrical tentpole that got dumped on Netflix, that's not a surprising sentiment to hear.

48 minutes ago, Human said:

Because "isn't bad" does not get butts in seats.  In fact good reviews as a whole do not seem to get butts in seats.  If MCU fanatics are spending years not planning on seeing it then presales will suffer.  Maybe it rebounds afterwards with great WOM or something.

Sad but true. The Marvels is at like at 60% on RT and we know what happened there. This probably has to probably be above DP and W's 77% and even then they better be enthusiastic reviews and not just a bunch of eh it was okay to decent reviews. Although one advantage it has over something like the Marvels it that it's not coming out during a strike when the actors are not able to do press for it. I think it opens over the Marvels though as long as it's seen as good.  If it's Secret Invasion Level bad than it's going to be ugly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Next Billion dollar movie sequel to sub $100M DOM?

I don't think so. Even if legs are awful it's got a four day holiday weekend to have a solid opening. And if the plot leak is true it doesn't sound awful. Not great but I can't see it going lower than a B+ cinemascore. The only way I see a run this low is if the hype is just that minute and legs falter.

• Like 1