Eric Prime

MEMORIAL DAY 2021 WEEKEND THREAD | AQP2 19.3 Fri, Cruella 7.7 | SALE: $5 OFF FIRST MONTH OF GOLD

43 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Man, Krasinski sitting here knowing that not only does he have millions of dollars of studio money resting on his movie, but the entire Hollywood film industry has their eyes on him. How his movie performs could really affect the future of this industry, for better or worse.

No pressure man.

GvK?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xiazhi said:

GvK?

I think they are saying this is the first big theatre exclusive release GvK was day and date with HBO Max, so if to performs well could set the tone going forward.

Edited by Jamiem

Can’t wait to go back to the movies this weekend! Gonna see the two big releases!

(Of course, referring to me seeing RAN and TOUCH OF EVIL on 35mm)

Edited by Blankments

OT, but it's summer movies, so not too much:)...

So, I'm back home and I just found out BOTH my local chains are bringing back the kids summer movies!  My youngest missed them so much last year!  Regal's is the better deal at $1/online with no fee (vs Cinemark's $1.50 with fees), so I let him pick a few movies at Regal and we booked tickets for a few summer weekdays.  It seems lots of Lego is in my future, although I will also get to see the Croods 2, which I failed to see all winter (which was the timing of my area's big Covid breakout)...

I skipped the weeks of the new kid releases in case he wants to head to those, too - one movie a week is probably my max for now as I get back in the habit:)...

PS - These are the types of programs that will really help bump the summer - get kids and families in, and let them see what's coming, so they can get excited and come back - get the habit restarted!

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, xiazhi said:

GvK?

GvK can't even easily hit 100m. GvK is a important step but Hollywood can't sit on seeing their blockbuster struggling making 100m forever. They got to move on to next stage. 

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

Excuse me wtf is that AQP2 number.

You will realise you aren't half way correct too

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

You will realise you aren't half way correct too

Preeeeeety sure CJohn is doing a bit right here.  3/4ths of a bit at least, as I presume his feelings that the box office is down now (and will be for a while) is fairly genuine. 

But the OTT Doom and Gloom?  Well, CJohn is nothing if not consistent in his extremes, be it positive or negative. 

Edited by Porthos

15 minutes ago, Eric De Vil said:

A Quiet Place Part II Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count (Thu+Fri)

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 4 334 5179 26635 19.44%

Total Sellouts Added Today: 2

Total Seats Sold Today: 1,657

Comp

1.336x of Godzilla vs. Kong's Final Count (12.97M)

1.569x of Mortal Kombat's Final Count (14.27M)

So yeah, very good final day to close things off. And hey, this Total Friday # seems to match up with what people are saying. That's cool!

9 minutes ago, Eric De Vil said:

Cruella Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count (Thu+Fri)

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 221 1273 17953 7.09%

Total Seats Sold Today: 475

Comp

2.129x of Raya's Final Count (5.54M)

I hoped this would at least double Raya, and it did. Ultimately it does seem like it's going for high teens for the 3-day though, so that's not especially great.

Quoting from the Tracking Thread

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I've been off the site for a couple years (as you can probably tell from my Glass related avatar). With the early AQP2 numbers, I couldn't think of a better weekend to return. 

Then make your return even better by going to cinema for AQP2.

53 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Didn't studio's already announce they're going to switch to 45 day exclusive theater windows?

Why are people acting as if this weekend will be a game changer?

Because AQP2 will be the first big film that hasn’t been available at home on the same day since Tenet.