TheDarkKnightOfSteel

ARGYLLE| Matthew Vaughn| Henry Cavill, Samuel L. Jackson, Bryce Dallas Howard, Bryan Cranston, Sam Rockwell | February 2, 2023

I too have gotten the trailer for this before nearly every movie I've seen the past two months but at the same time it's not like Universal has much to promote right now since The Fall Guy is now further into the future than originally planned (and Night Swim would be out of place before all these prestigious movies).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, grim22 said:

There's an actual novel and a fake made-up author for promotion

People theorize the real author is Taylor Swift.

Had a dream about this movie, or rather I was watching the movie (but from first person POV so I was “inside” the movie).

Swift was the twist villain, but her motivation was that she wanted to steal my grandpa’s house. I remember thinking in my dream “well that’s pretty effing stupid, who the hell decided THAT in the screenplay?” And then I called my grandpa to tell him he was in a new movie.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had a dream about this movie, or rather I was watching the movie (but from first person POV so I was “inside” the movie).

Swift was the twist villain, but her motivation was that she wanted to steal my grandpa’s house. I remember thinking in my dream “well that’s pretty effing stupid, who the hell decided THAT in the screenplay?” And then I called my grandpa to tell him he was in a new movie.

♫♪♪ I have this dream my daughter in-law kills me for the money
She thinks I left them in the will
The family gathers 'round and reads it and then someone screams out
"She's laughing up at us from hell" ♫♪♪

On 12/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, Wombat said:

Some interesting bits in the trailer but definitely does look a bit lifted from Lost City. How the hell did they hit a reported $200M budget on a movie like this? I'm guessing just due to the cast? 

Even more lifted from "Romancing The Stone".

37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to assume that “Elly Conway” is just Matthew Vaughn or Jason Fuchs or something?

37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wouldn’t it make a lot more sense to assume that “Elly Conway” is just Matthew Vaughn or Jason Fuchs or something?

Which is like 99% most likely the case. 

Edited by emoviefan