TheDarkKnightOfSteel

ARGYLLE| Matthew Vaughn| Henry Cavill, Samuel L. Jackson, Bryce Dallas Howard, Bryan Cranston, Sam Rockwell | February 2, 2023

The one thing that keeps me optimistic about this one is that many talented people are involved. I mean all these teams saw a shitty pitch and they said go forward with this ? Apple wanted it, then universal wanted it. 

whatever the case is thought, the marketing has been shitty at best. This is an original film. Playing coy about it won’t get you anywhere. Unless Taylor Swift is really in it and they expect it to blow up afterwards. But I doubt it…

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

The one thing that keeps me optimistic about this one is that many talented people are involved. I mean all these teams saw a shitty pitch and they said go forward with this ? Apple wanted it, then universal wanted it. 

whatever the case is thought, the marketing has been shitty at best. This is an original film. Playing coy about it won’t get you anywhere. Unless Taylor Swift is really in it and they expect it to blow up afterwards. But I doubt it…

Yeah the marketing for this has been truly mystifying. Maybe the simplest explanation is the easiest. The movie is terrible but why not just dump it on Apple+ then. No it's good we swear. Trust us. Any further marketing we do will give something away.  Yeah that's not how it works in 2024 getting  people on board to go to the theaters and see a Original movie. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So why exactly does Henry Cavill have top billing? We know he’s not the lead, and it’s not like Bryce Dallas Howard is an unknown actress. 

Probably something to do with the big twist or twists. Maybe? Who knows at this point.

11 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

So why exactly does Henry Cavill have top billing? We know he’s not the lead, and it’s not like Bryce Dallas Howard is an unknown actress. 

Seems likely at least one of the twists is that he's playing more than one character in this.

18 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Did you see how many actors they got for Amsterdam?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I can't get over Cavill's dumb haircut in this. Dude went from Superman to this.

That's part of the joke of the character he is playing.  Cavill and Matthew Vaughn have talked about this in interviews.  Whether it works in the movie who knows. 

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I thought the idea of this being in a shared universe with Kingsman was a joke but apparently it's a real thing? And Vaughn wants a third spy franchise and for all of them to cross over? Is that even legally feasible?

From what I've randomly gathered over time, it really seems as if Vaughn fought hard to maintain the relevant rights to his stuff. 

“It’s a complicated question. The bottom line is MARV ([Vaughn's] production company) does own Kingsman. I've been financing all my movies for a long time purely because I find it easier. I was lucky enough that once I started making…like Lock, Stock was the first thing we financed, and that was 900 grand. So, we've always tended to make profits, and then you get to a point where you make profits and then you make money in life.

https://collider.com/who-owns-kingsman-rights-matthew-vaughn-comments-kingsman-3/

and here's "Marv" talking about aggressive plans for more kingsman stuff that's clearly not Disney's idea for future projects. 
https://deadline.com/2020/12/marv-planning-around-seven-more-kingsman-films-says-new-ceo-1234651341/#!

Whatever deal Vaughn signed with fox could easily be near expiration especially if it requires disney to commit to another film in the franchise to retain rights.  

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

The reality is Kingsmen is a "border/marginal " franchisel it has a following but it is really up in the air if the following is big enough to support another big budget movie or even a TV Show. And with the huge problems every studio is having, borderline projects are going to be much less likely to be greenlighted then they have been in the past.