MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

1 hour ago, Redolent said:

There are some unhappy parents complaining to Cineworld on Twitter because they had 13-14 year olds desperate to see it… 

Ah, yes, the very large brigade of British teens very passionate about atomic bombs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Can’t the parents simply accompany their 13-14 year olds? 

Doesn't work that way in the UK. if you're under 15 you can't go parents or no. though in my own experience from back then most cinema workers don't give a shit about a 14 year old trying to see a 15 movie.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Doesn't work that way in the UK. if you're under 15 you can't go parents or no. though in my own experience from back then most cinema workers don't give a shit about a 14 year old trying to see a 15 movie.

There’s a 14 year on Reddit worried about being admitted to BFI IMAX and someone advised him to take a briefcase and don a moustache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

I remember growing up I have watched plenty of PG rated movies (mostly violence, not sex) in the theatres with my friends. Do they check harder now? Or maybe it's just Canadian theatres being slack.

The slack-jawed attendants at my local cinema definitely wouldn’t notice. It’s hardly an 18 rated slasher.

Oppenheimer TV spot highlighting the cast:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redolent said:

The slack-jawed attendants at my local cinema definitely wouldn’t notice. It’s hardly an 18 rated slasher.

Oppenheimer TV spot highlighting the cast:

dumb hiding the biggest draw of all on the cast

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Please tell me they are at least doing some kind of press tour after the review embargo lifts or something, like what Barbie's doing. I remember with Dunkirk, Nolan came to S. Korea. I was living there at the time and wanted to go and meet him but had other engagements so didn't manage to.

6 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

The marketing for this pretty much just "watch this in IMAX" and releasing miserable looking Cillian Murphy pictures. It's working. 😀

Very curios about the interviews with the cast. Will they speak of the dangers of the bombs in present time

6 hours ago, Redolent said:

Critic screenings for Oppenheimer have started. I hope we get some impressions that are more revealing than this one…

We won’t, iirc there’s no social embargo allowed, just review embargo dropping on July 19