Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread (10/22-24) | Dune 41M OW. French Dispatch 1.35M. Timothee can't be stopped!

“I’m smiling,” Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Jeff Goldstein said on Sunday morning. “Exhibitors are thrilled. The best part is, fans are loving what they’re seeing. They’re loving the big-screen experience. It’s been a winner of a weekend for movie-lovers.”

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

That French Dispatch PTA is a record for the year, right? This means I have more bragging rights when it comes to my beloved, right?

Biggest PTA for any movie since 1917's limited launch, actually.

Edit: actually Emma. had a bigger PTA in 5 theaters right before the COVID chaos so that.

Edited by filmlover
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

This is truly the best weekend of my entire life

I just updated that it was really Queen Anya with the last biggest PTA (bodes well for Soho next week! or not) but the record still stands regardless. Happy Challoween!

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

With Dune opening at $40m, what are our expectations for The Matrix Resurrections?

At this rate, a good weekend for Resurrections would be close to what Revolutions made in its debut.

• Like 1