Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

33 minutes ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

Until this evening I had not clue #1 who Mr. Beast was. And this despite spending plenty of time on the Tube. Now I myself am wondering what the effect could... 

If I remember right,  they had some collaboration with him in Dune marketing. That reply tweet itself doesn't have huge views yet at least. So, helps, but unless he does a video reviewing it and promoting it, I doubt the effect will knock anyone's socks off.

1 hour ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

Until this evening I had not clue #1 who Mr. Beast was. And this despite spending plenty of time on the Tube. Now I myself am wondering what the effect could... 

Pretty sure it's mostly a joke, but Mr. Beast is the current choice for Most Popular YouTuber Nowadays.

Mr. Beast Wikipedia Page.

So the theory, even as a joke, would be that his popularity with the yutes could help Dune: Part Two at the box office as his strong endorsement of it could carry the weight of an influencer.

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

That seems weird. I have never seen his videos as they are not up my alley but there is no way I would not know who he is if you are on YT. He is 2nd biggest by sub(1st is some bollywood music channel) and flashiest among YT influencers and his company is so big he is thinking of taking it public at some ridiculous valuation. To give him credit he has changed life of many folks who have gotten something big from him but I am not crazy about the drama surrounding it. 

4 minutes ago, ando said:

Right now I'm thinking

$10.6M previews

$33M Friday

$27M Saturday

$20M Sunday 

$80M OW

Sounds plausible to me but small point, aren't Saturday figures usually higher than Friday? People who work weekdays, school etc. 

30 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That seems weird. I have never seen his videos as they are not up my alley but there is no way I would not know who he is if you are on YT.

I curate my algorithms carefully dude. It's one reason I haven't fled more social media by now. So, not a surprise to me. 

7 minutes ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

Sounds plausible to me but small point, aren't Saturday figures usually higher than Friday? People who work weekdays, school etc. 

I curate my algorithms carefully dude. It's one reason I haven't fled more social media by now. So, not a surprise to me. 

Well I'm figuring in the huge fanrush on Thursday. Usually the true Saturday sees a dip in comparison to Friday (which adds the Thursday number to its daily). So that Friday number I'm guessing is the Friday plus Thursday preview. 

So really the true Sat is about 20% higher than the true Fri. 

Edited by ando
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Web said:

omg so brave 🙄

It's hilarious how the Internet sort of kind of turned against him after that whole "the ghost of Elvis possessed me while making the movie" nonsense that continued throughout awards season last year (he was great in the movie but like dude come on lol). A friend who is watching Masters of the Air said he's still doing The Elvis Voice in it but that was actually filmed in 2021 right after he finished that movie so he gets cut some slack there.

Anyone who thinks this shit is weird should look up Day Lewis' antics on Hamlet. Think that's still the only time one of these method acting stories sounded like symptoms of a genuine mental illness as opposed to being a "slightly annoying working style" as it is mostly. It is kind of weird how the internet dog-piles on guys like him & jeremy strong just based on their interviews; it would surely be healthier to engage with their art... through their art, as opposed to always seeing it through the lens of press junkets? 

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Anyone who thinks this shit is weird should look up Day Lewis' antics on Hamlet. Think that's still the only time one of these method acting stories sounded like symptoms of a genuine mental illness as opposed to being a "slightly annoying working style" as it is mostly. It is kind of weird how the internet dog-piles on guys like him & jeremy strong just based on their interviews; it would surely be healthier to engage with their art... through their art, as opposed to always seeing it through the lens of press junkets? 

Naah doing shit like sending rats and bullets to costars is beyond "mildly annoying" (If it happened in any other workplace, that's getting reported straight to HR). Behavior like that should be bullied online idc

Anyways stan RPatz instead coz he hates crap like this too lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrbV2T66aKueSTkpEXjMi

• Like 2