Eric Deetz

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Would really like Timmy to do a full blown action vehicle in a couple years. The last act solidified that Timmy has the same presence in action roles as former twinks like Cruise and Bale. He just needs to bulk up.

Just as long as its not a Netflix Original action vehicle!

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 9:39 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Would really like Timmy to do a full blown action vehicle in a couple years. The last act solidified that Timmy has the same presence in action roles as former twinks like Cruise and Bale. He just needs to bulk up.

This is why we're friends.

• Heart 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:01 AM, keysersoze123 said:

Looking at early presales, I am feeling very good about this breaking out. My early prediction would be 80/275m kind of run but it could go higher. Its going to be the 1st big opener/breakout of this year. 

Holy fucking shit

Amazing, epic precision

Man Body GIF

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Belakor said:

Also, this is the very first real BO hit for Denis, so glad for him.

Arrival was a real hit too but I know what you mean. Never really expected him to hit as hard with Dune after BR2049. It's a little crazy that they even gave him the money after 2049 floped.

• Like 2

I just came from a 3rd viewing in IMAX and again, what an achievement. I prepared myself to be as receptive as possible without overthinking anything, especially since I love the depth of Frank Herbert's original creation. This is just an incredible adaptation and shows how Denis Villeneuve understands the source material deeper than you could expect from a Hollywood blockbuster director. It is a sheer culmination of his life's work, his growth as a filmmaker, and his team of equally incredible craftspeople. The cast is on point and the minuscule imperfections of the film highlight how perfect it is. They are so small that you wonder how this was ever made in the sea of mediocrity. Maybe it is his French heritage that brings a deeper understanding of esthetics to the screen. Looking at those compositions, the sound, the music, the play of everything. It is like a symphony on screen.

The depth in detail and the lore of Dune was a tour de force. Things like someone at the end kissing someone's ring without kissing it like in good aristocratic manners. Or visions that are part of the Messiah. Or having specific dialects of Fremen language. The God mode that the film jumps toward the end... Sheer cinematic power.

Timothy Chalameet is the perfect Paul and when you know the inner dialogues in the book or the prescience that he has, knowing where his choices lead, and the bittersweetness of all of it, he deserves an Oscar for the performance that was filled with nuance. I can see the countless discussions with Villeneuve that he has had about the reasons for Paul's actions. The subtext that we see on screen is evidence of it. Javier Bardem had such a levity and natural ease in his performance. Though the character didn't have much depth on screen, his performance earned another Oscar. Rebecca Ferguson and Florence Pugh shined too. Souheila Yacoub as Chani's friend was a delight. There weren't any weak links in the cast. This should get 10+ Oscars of which Villeneuve is first in line. But whatever the number of Oscars it receives, nothing can take away the fact that it is a masterpiece.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

I just came from a 3rd viewing in IMAX and again, what an achievement. I prepared myself to be as receptive as possible without overthinking anything, especially since I love the depth of Frank Herbert's original creation. This is just an incredible adaptation and shows how Denis Villeneuve understands the source material deeper than you could expect from a Hollywood blockbuster director. It is a sheer culmination of his life's work, his growth as a filmmaker, and his team of equally incredible craftspeople. The cast is on point and the minuscule imperfections of the film highlight how perfect it is. They are so small that you wonder how this was ever made in the sea of mediocrity. Maybe it is his French heritage that brings a deeper understanding of esthetics to the screen. Looking at those compositions, the sound, the music, the play of everything. It is like a symphony on screen.

The depth in detail and the lore of Dune was a tour de force. Things like someone at the end kissing someone's ring without kissing it like in good aristocratic manners. Or visions that are part of the Messiah. Or having specific dialects of Fremen language. The God mode that the film jumps toward the end... Sheer cinematic power.

Timothy Chalameet is the perfect Paul and when you know the inner dialogues in the book or the prescience that he has, knowing where his choices lead, and the bittersweetness of all of it, he deserves an Oscar for the performance that was filled with nuance. I can see the countless discussions with Villeneuve that he has had about the reasons for Paul's actions. The subtext that we see on screen is evidence of it. Javier Bardem had such a levity and natural ease in his performance. Though the character didn't have much depth on screen, his performance earned another Oscar. Rebecca Ferguson and Florence Pugh shined too. Souheila Yacoub as Chani's friend was a delight. There weren't any weak links in the cast. This should get 10+ Oscars of which Villeneuve is first in line. But whatever the number of Oscars it receives, nothing can take away the fact that it is a masterpiece.

It truly is a movie you have to experience on the big screen—the biggest you can, if possible. 

I know art is subjective, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could find this movie boring or mediocre (looking at you, Ehrlich! Lol) 

Score is awesome, too. I fear the Academy won’t give this movie the accolades it deserves, but I’m confident it will stand the test of time over whatever it loses to. 

I hope we get Messiah sooner rather than later. And we need to see some spacing guild and a navigator next time! 

• Like 4

Aaaand it's out online.

I have absolutely no idea what the source is. It appears to be from a Web store. Lack of foreign subtitles indicates a regional web-store that isn't available globally. Legendary films have different PVOD and SVOD terms globally compared to other WB films. It was always likely gonna be released online somewhere before the "official" April 14th date.

• Like 1

saw Jodorowsky's dune, pretty good

I know its not as simple as that; but considering the way some are reacting to this movie (I've seen some "best sci-fi movie ever" type comments), imagine how people might have reacted to a Dune adaptation that achieved everything Jodorowsky wanted to achieve

impossible not to think about it when the director guy was speaking about assembling a team of "spiritual warriors" to change the world 

mSybVEy.png

Edited by interiorgatordecorator