Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

13 minutes ago, Flopped said:

This is the first time I've spoken about her. Calm down. You're not getting paid by her. Are you? Wouldn't be shocked if her team were paying randos on forums to speak well of her.  

You sound fun

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AJG said:

This is possibly the most comprehensive advertising campaign for a movie I’ve ever seen

I’ve not seen this girl in years

Last week I heard she was complaining that Google has made her name unsearchable somehow. If you start typing her name in their websites (like YouTube), it doesn't autocomplete or do the suggested searches and this affects visibility. She was like, I just have a podcast now, stop blacklisting me! So the sponcon makes sense.

For a slow-starting drama with bloody violence and male nudity, a "B" Cinemascore for Nightmare Alley is not that bad? The ending probably gave it a boost.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

48 minutes ago, Flopped said:

This is the first time I've spoken about her. Calm down. You're not getting paid by her. Are you? Wouldn't be shocked if her team were paying randos on forums to speak well of her.  

Yes, I totally am paid by her team to talk positively about her on a movie box office forum. Her team pays me in NFTs of her and Holland. 

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

Okay, so in terms of GA hype and all that, here is my list of most hyped films since 1999.

EG

IW

NWH

TFA

DH2

TDK

Spider-Man 3

TPM

Anyway, in terms of how hyped they were compared to the most hyped films ever?

Here's what I think

1) EG

2) TPM

3)NWH

4) TFA

5) IW

6) TDK

7) DH2

8 Spider-Man 3

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Okay, so in terms of GA hype and all that, here is my list of most hyped films since 1999.

EG

IW

NWH

TFA

DH2

TDK

Spider-Man 3

TPM

Anyway, in terms of how hyped they were compared to the most hyped films ever?

Here's what I think

1) EG

2) TPM

3)NWH

4) TFA

5) IW

6) TDK

7) DH2

8 Spider-Man 3

no freaking way, TFA was much more hyped than this Spidey.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Yes, I totally am paid by her team to talk positively about her on a movie box office forum. Her team pays me in NFTs of her and Holland. 

This sounds like a sweet gig, can you hook a brotha up?

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I see this thing is heading for a huge weekend. That's extremely impressive after COVID killed the box office the last couple years. 

yeah it's hard to gauge the success of this movie. And I don't even know a good explanation why this Spidey of all Spidies is so hyped.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

yeah it's hard to gauge the success of this movie. And I don't even know a good explanation why this Spidey of all Spidies is so hyped.

2002 Spidey benefited from 40 years of hype, mixed with being a hopeful movie right after the 9/11 attacks. The new Spidey benefits from the nostalgia angle bringing back characters/actors from the earlier Spidey films, mixed with people saying "enough is enough" with the COVID lockdowns. 

• Like 5

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

2002 Spidey benefited from 40 years of hype, mixed with being a hopeful movie right after the 9/11 attacks. The new Spidey benefits from the nostalgia angle bringing back characters/actors from the earlier Spidey films, mixed with people saying "enough is enough" with the COVID lockdowns. 

well yeah I can understand the 2002 Spidey hype.

But it does make more sense that 2021's Spider-Man is getting enthusiasm.