Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

They brought back the wrong Batman. The kids and teens that saw Keaton’s Batman in cinemas would be in their 40’s today.

They should’ve brought back Bale.

I imagine WB is sending him a blank check before Christmas

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

They brought back the wrong Batman. The kids and teens that saw Keaton’s Batman in cinemas would be in their 40’s today.

I have to agree. Keaton will do nothing for The Flash. Bale was the one that would send the hype into space.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

hey! 40’s guy here who is out of his mind with excitement because it’s Keaton! Lol. 

You won’t have to worry about us 80’s kids showing up for Flash, just for Michael! 

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I can't imagine Downton Abbey 2 will go to streaming, it was very profitable in its theatrical run in 2019. 

The audience for Downton is older and female and probably pretty white, the opposite the demos who've largely returned to theaters like before. It's Focus, I wouldn't be surprised to see the sequel day-and-date on Peacock.

All I know is that a film that did back to back 1m likes on two separate trailers a year apart over on YT shouldn't be slept on.  And this isn't a Pikachu situation either where folks were watching it for the memes/cuteness factor.

At the mo, I personally have it at around +/- 150m OW.  Say, 135m-160m.

The Batman has a ton of buzz from industry sources.  It seems to be tapping into a zeitgeist, if not quite to the same degree as Joker.  And, jokes about "finally a grim Batman" be damned, it does seem to be different from the Nolan or Synder interpretations of the character.

(I promise you all, you are going to get very sick of the word "grounded" between now and release)

That it seems to be playing up the detective angle of Batsy does seem to be something new to the table, for what it's worth. 

Anyway, films don't necessarily have to be action spectacles to succeed right now.  Case in point, again, Joker.  A super minalmist Joker opened to 96m so I can see a bit-more-actually-comic-book-y/action-y The Batman  hitting 150m.  

Calendar placement is also pretty good IMO, even if there is an unexpected hit in either Morbius or Uncharted.

How it does once it gets released is more up in the air.

• Like 3