Eric S'ennui

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

3 hours ago, John Rambo said:

The only problem i had with this movie was Aunt may and Tom were trying to change the villains by giving them a chance to redeem which i felt so pointless...i mean come on...these villains have come from different universe and are trying to destroy urs and you want to trust them and make them change??

In the process of redeeming them....your universe literally has taken a hit now!

Yeh, trying to cure them was daft. Similar to the end of WW84 (trying to make them see sense, become good. Yet this… gets a pass lol).

Plus, one of the glaring pot holes is that Electro shouldn’t have even been brought back by the spell in the first place, because he…. didn’t know who Peter Parker was. 

Also, I’m not familiar with the lizard, but it got nervous laughs almost every time it was on screen. Yeesh. 

Despite these downers, I actually liked the film more after time to think about it, 3.5/5 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Rambo said:

The only problem i had with this movie was Aunt may and Tom were trying to change the villains by giving them a chance to redeem which i felt so pointless...i mean come on...these villains have come from different universe and are trying to destroy urs and you want to trust them and make them change??

In the process of redeeming them....your universe literally has taken a hit now!

See I feel like it works because its Peter feeling guilty that they were either killed or defeated by Spider-Man and thats who he is a good person so why not redeem or try to save villians connected to him (you know what I mean). It was naive as hell but I understood why he was so hellbent on trying to save them especially since he's in this scuffle because everyone thinks he murdered someone

Edited by iHeartJames
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

The problem is the entire story was a ridiculous excuse to make this team up happen that I didn't buy at all. The whole multiverse happening because of a botched wizard spell? That's fine. The wizard's spell being cast because Peter's friends didn't get into college? What?! Even though they have Dr. Strange comment on this, it's still a coffee filter-flimsy premise. The entire crux of the movie being "Inject the bad guys with good guy juice and send them back to their universe?" This is the best they could come up with? I'm sorry, that is not good writing.

This is what pissed me...wonder how can they come up with such stupid/horrible writing.....but Tobey andrew and Andrew being the MVP, tom hollands promotion to maturity SAVED BIGGG time and made it amazing experience for me!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, trying to cure them was daft. Similar to the end of WW84 (trying to make them see sense, become good. Yet this… gets a pass lol).

Plus, one of the glaring pot holes is that Electro shouldn’t have even been brought back by the spell in the first place, because he…. didn’t know who Peter Parker was. 

Also, I’m not familiar with the lizard, but it got nervous laughs almost every time it was on screen. Yeesh. 

Despite these downers, I actually liked the film more after time to think about it, 3.5/5 

Yes...they dont seem to justify the fact that electro knew who was under mask! its a major plot hole...even peters friend harry in TASM2 gets to know him only after death of max...

• Like 1

It's pretty clear they had the idea for a big multiverse team-up, but not much of an actual story to hinge that on. Which is funny because ITSV had the same basic concept and managed to tell an interesting, cool story at the same time, so it's not like it's impossible to have it both ways. Anyways I get why people are digging it.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

20 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

See I feel like it works because its Peter feeling guilty that they were either killed or defeated by Spider-Man and thats who he is a good person so why not redeem or try to save villians connected to him (you know what I mean). It was naive as hell but I understood why he was so hellbent on trying to save them especially since he's in this scuffle because everyone thinks he murdered someone

Yup i totally get your point...thats what the writers felt and designed toms peter parker characterization...if tom is a good person why does he want to take risk of saving or redeeming them in your universe.....by taking huge risk and lives of so many people can be impacted by your so called goodwill 🤔

There is a friction here his goodness comes at cost of his universe/citizens/loved ones...Immaturity at peaks! Poor choice MCU aunt may and peter parker

So it just occurred to me that despite not being given anything to do in the first 2 films, at least Marissa Tomei got to leave the franchise without being a damsel in distress. Yes she died but she died helping people and being a hero trying to help Tom against the GG. She went out like a boss.

Edited by eddyxx

8 hours ago, John Rambo said:

They weren't doing anything of the sort. The only one trying to destroy things was the Green Goblin persona of Norman, which is irredeemably evil (unlike all the others). They didn't ask to be pulled there, but three of them died moments after the point they were pulled from, it's not unreasonable that they didn't want to return that way.  Sandman DID want to return ASAP. Peter Parker wouldn't sentence these people to death when he thought he could help them. That's not who Spider-Man is. Great power, great responsibility.

And yes, he had to sacrifice terribly to help the five of them, and the two Spider-Men. But that's classic Spider-Man, giving up something to do the right thing for others. All seven multiversal visitors went back better for having met him.

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Harry Osborn from both universes would have been a more obvious choice to replace Lizard and Sandman but you'd then have three Goblins in one movie

They clearly wanted one villain from each pre-MCU film, but they can't all be central story characters. Sandman and Lizard were very much secondary (while still getting some cool scenes and lines), two more Harrys would just busy up an already very busy story. Goblin and Doc Ock were the central returnees, with more for Electro because they needed to redeem the crummy adaptation of him in ASM2.

1 hour ago, newbie BO buff said:

Any specific names?

I spotted Scorpion (who appeared in Homecoming pre-supervillain) and Kraven the Hunter, and also a 1:1 comics version of Rhino.

• Like 1

The Harry Osborn of the Raimi universe was probably never on the cards, on the count of James Franco’s controversies. Still, it would’ve made more sense for Dane DeHaan’s Harry to be in this movie over Electro, since he actually found out that Peter is Spider-Man, but that would’ve left us with two Green Goblins, so I can see why they didn’t do that. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The Harry Osborn of the Raimi universe was probably never on the cards, on the count of James Franco’s controversies. Still, it would’ve made more sense for Dane DeHaan’s Harry to be in this movie over Electro, since he actually found out that Peter is Spider-Man, but that would’ve left us with two Green Goblins, so I can see why they didn’t do that. 

Also...Dane DeHaan's Harry sucked. His Goblin sucked. You can't salvage that without making it the main focus, and fixing Foxx's Electro be a lot less Schumacher-Batman level was a worthier use of time. Foxx is a very charismatic performer naturally and that bizarre use of him in TASM2 was just baffling.

This is quite saying something how many great scenes and moments there were, but I think this might have been the best part of the film

Edited by Ithil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Also...Dane DeHaan's Harry sucked. His Goblin sucked. You can't salvage that without making it the main focus, and fixing Foxx's Electro be a lot less Schumacher-Batman level was a worthier use of time. Foxx is a very charismatic performer naturally and that bizarre use of him in TASM2 was just baffling.

This is quite saying something how many great scenes and moments there were, but I think this might have been the best part of the film

Goblin in NWH > Goblin in SM1, in my opinion

• Like 3

Foxx is obviously an enormously bigger name that was always gonna generate more headlines than DeHaan, who would've been out-of-place among the other respected veterans that previously played Spider-Man villains that returned for this. His main purpose for being in this was clearly so he could have a redemption arc from his ridiculously thin motivations for turning evil in Amazing 2.

• Like 1