Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

1 hour ago, Eric Batson said:

Shazam! Fury of the Gods Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-2 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 86 551 17406 3.17%

Total Seats Sold Today: 63

Comp - T-2

0.613x of The Suicide Squad (2.52M)

0.210x of Shang-Chi (1.85M)

0.176x of Eternals (1.67M)

0.427x of Ghostbusters: Afterlife (1.92M)

0.364x of Morbius (2.08M)

0.311x of Sonic 2 (1.94M)

0.372x of Fantastic Beasts 3 (2.23M)

0.157x of Jurassic World: Dominion (2.83M)

0.286x of Black Adam (2.17M)

A sub cocain bear preview number?

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Imagine Evil Dead Rise makes more money for Warner than Shazam!

WB’s inability to launch a Shazam sequel and a Magic Mike sequel successfully leads me to believe even Evil Dead isn’t a guaranteed hit.

• Like 1

DnD is getting a lot of sneak previews in my area (3/19, 3/26 and 3/29) and turn out for them looks pretty good. Quick question: Does the numbers for these sneak previews get added to the Thursday preview #? DnD could have a deflated Thursday ticket sales because of these sneak previews. I know for myself I was going to see it Thursday night but opted for the 3/26 sneak peak. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

DnD is getting a lot of sneak previews in my area (3/19, 3/26 and 3/29) and turn out for them looks pretty good. Quick question: Does the numbers for these sneak previews get added to the Thursday preview #? DnD could have a deflated Thursday ticket sales because of these sneak previews. I know for myself I was going to see it Thursday night but opted for the 3/26 sneak peak. 

Yes, all early access/sneak previews/special fan screenings are rolled into previews

• Like 2

13 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Greatly reducing my aquaman 2 prediction, if the marvels is really dropping to the 600s I dont see why the same wouldnt happen to aquaman 2

Christmas szn should greatly help. I think we'll see a similar drop like Wakanda forever 

marvel slipping is clearly impacting the publics interest in any comic book movie, before dc only had to contend with their own inconsistency but now that the once invincible marvel is slipping its double the trouble

I'm more curious how The Flash does this summer, not only because of how it handles the Ezra Miller of it all, but also because it'll be the fifth aspiring 4-quad blockbuster in as many weeks (following Fast X, The Little Mermaid, Spider-Man, and Transformers) and opens opposite a piece of solid counterprogramming (Elemental). Usually there's a casualty in there somewhere, and it's unlikely to be any of Fast/Mermaid/Spidey.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm more curious how The Flash does this summer, not only because of how it handles the Ezra Miller of it all, but also because it'll be the fifth aspiring 4-quad blockbuster in as many weeks (following Fast X, The Little Mermaid, Spider-Man, and Transformers) and opens opposite a piece of solid counterprogramming (Elemental). Usually there's a casualty in there somewhere, and it's unlikely to be any of Fast/Mermaid/Spidey.

Its obviously Transformers. Shit is gonna mega bomb into the forever land of oblivion.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Its obviously Transformers. Shit is gonna mega bomb into the forever land of oblivion.

But haven't you received the memo? Paraflop is no more (unless you're Babylon lol)! Watch them work their newfound magic on this like they just did with Scream and are looking to do with Dungeons & Dragons in two weeks.