Eric Lasagna

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

9 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Boring numbers for NWH. Would be funny if f tmrw comes below $17M or above $22M.

I don’t get how nearly $400m in 7 days is “boring” after past year and a half a movie was lucky to get $200m but to each their own I guess

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

Who the hell cares, even though i agree that the acadamy is biased against this genre its not like it matters in the end lol.

They need viewers. 

And in Spidey's defense, they do have a great supers movie which is far and away the most viewed and loved in a year with few released movies, and of those released, few great ones.  And it's an "ender" which is normally when "different genre" movies are rewarded.

I'd give it the 10th spot b/c while it may have no business winning, I can't think of 10 other movies that are better and released theatrically this year that anyone actually watched...

PS - They did steal my post from a few days ago when I said I'd stick this in as the "best popular" movie since they have to have 10 movies anyway...this year, I might have done 5 at most, but again, if you have to have 10, give the supers fans some love:)...

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-christmas-box-office-matrix-resurrections-sing-2-1234901560/

Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home ends the week with $385.8M, the third best first week at the domestic box office of all-time after Avengers: Endgame ($473.9M) and Star Wars: Force Awakens ($390.8M). Sony reports that the film will become the first $1 billion grossing movie at the global box office of the pandemic tom’w. Nancy will have more soon.

Spidey is pacing 1% behind the running domestic total of Force Awakens, however, it remains to be seen whether the Jon Watts-directed MCU title can keep up with the Lucasfilm sequel, that movie hitting $571.4M on its 11th day of release (Monday). Still, should No Way Home fall short of that figure, it’s like complaining about how far Mike Trout hit two homeruns.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Let's not get carried away. It's a decent movie that provides a few sugar rush moments.

The movie is literally Jesus. It provided more than anything else except maybe Dune.