Maggie

Weekend Thread (Feb 4 - 6) : Jackass $1.65 Thursday

53 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

300 theaters were closed due to weather and most reopen for the weekend. High IM can be expected

It was a lot more than 300 theaters that were closed due to weather.  They are basing that off data of theaters that reported a zero gross, but so many ended up reporting a small gross due to refund issues. 

This storm shut down or affected theaters from Albuquerque to OKC to Indianapolis and beyond.  Dallas and Austin also shut down completely.  

• Like 2

Gotta wonder what Emmerich will do next because the other day he was complaining about how the IP-driven world we live in today has ruined cinema or whatever and this will only add to the pretty loud and clear message of "we simply no longer want to see the movies you make" from the general public after a dozen years worth of bombs (both inside and outside his destruction-based comfort zone). International productions are probably his only salvation by now if he wants an actual career unless he's willing to surrender and make a Marvel movie. That or just retire (few tears would be shed).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

They recieved so many injuries from Jackass Forever.

Was it worth it?

Ask Knoxville and the millions he's made hurting himself on camera for 20+ years.

The answer is yes.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Ask Knoxville and the millions he's made hurting himself on camera for 20+ years.

The answer is yes.

If you're already rich would you suffer brain damage to be somewhat richer?

Cause Knoxville suffered serious brain damage from a bull gag.

The fact that Jackass Forever has a 90% RT score and it's going to open higher than the latest films from Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Guillermo Del Toro, Lana Wachowski, M Night Shyamalan and Christopher Nolan is the definitive answer to the question that's been hunting us since the MCU took over the box office: is cinema dead?

I give up.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 2

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The fact that Jackass Forever has a 90% RT score and it's going to open higher than the latest films from Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Guillermo Del Toro, Lana Wachowski, M Night Shyamalan and Christopher Nolan is the definitive answer to the question that's been hunting us since the MCU took over the box office: is cinema dead?

I give up.

That a really nice poetry here, but September 2020 Tenet is a bit unfairly put in there I think, a $200M Nolan action-triller opening opposite Jack Ass would have a shoot at winning the weekend I think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, my son loved Jackass - he gave it an A-.  The only thing he didn't like last night was the "extra" ending material, so if you didn't see the special extended stuff Thursday night, no worries - that part sucked.

But my spouse...well, as is his nature, he gave the movie an F...BUT it was a better F than the Kingsman and Matrix, so I think he might have secretly found it amusing.

PS - Neither have ever seen a Jackass movie - this was a Cinemark subscriber Xmas present choice from my kid (he just couldn't wait any longer to see another movie after Kingsman).

PPS - One thing my spouse noted - he's never seen so much non-sexual male nudity in a movie...of course, I'm not sure anyone ever uses non-sexual male nudity in a movie, so I can't really quantify this data:)...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, my son loved Jackass - he gave it an A-.  The only thing he didn't like last night was the "extra" ending material, so if you didn't see the special extended stuff Thursday night, no worries - that part sucked.

But my spouse...well, as is his nature, he gave the movie an F...BUT it was a better F than the Kingsman and Matrix, so I think he might have secretly found it amusing.

PS - Neither have ever seen a Jackass movie - this was a Cinemark subscriber Xmas present choice from my kid (he just couldn't wait any longer to see another movie after Kingsman).

PPS - One thing my spouse noted - he's never seen so much non-sexual male nudity in a movie...of course, I'm not sure anyone ever uses non-sexual male nudity in a movie, so I can't really quantify this data:)...

I heard/read this now a lot of times. Many people who already saw it mentioned their surprise 😉. So I think he's absolutely in line with the average moviegoer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Definitely the most dicks they've ever shown in a Jackass movie. The opening sequence is pure *chefs kiss*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I give up.

This would be a really cute hot take if the Jackass movies hadn't been opening at $50m+ over 12 years ago (which would be like a $70m+ opening today) and kicking the ass of a lot of those directors for a long time.  Jackass is a BILLION dollar franchise.  

The fact that it is opening and playing well should be a shock to absolutely no one.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This would be a really cute hot take if the Jackass movies hadn't been opening at $50m+ over 12 years ago, which would be like a $70m+ opening today and kicking the ass of a lot of those directors for a long time.  Jackass is a BILLION dollar franchise.  

The fact that it is opening and playing well should be a shock to absolutely no one.  

I am one of those who does not like the way our film choices in theaters are vanishing, but to blame the MCU alone for it is really really, over the top.