Eric Prime

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

*sigh* I miss the days when we would get mid-day Deadline updates, followed by evening Asgard numbers, followed by a midnight deadline update. 

Truly was the glory days of box office tracking.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah I’m thinking Lost City can hit. Tatum still has juice + Bullock and Pitt are undeniable stars + Radcliffe's biggest big screen role since Harry Potter? All that can only help boost a fun premise in a weak month. The reviews will probably be mediocre but Bullock has overcome bad reviews with star power and marketing before

Sandra is the biggest draw here. I will go see it because of her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, european1992 said:

Sandra is the biggest draw here. I will go see it because of her.

Absolutely. This is her bread and butter genre and it’s her big screen comeback since Ocean’s 8. Of course it’s natural since streaming but Bird Box is still one of the biggest Netflix hits and I believe Unforgivable did well last year, too

14 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's based on a popular video game IP, so it's going to play out more like a Marvel movie than a family picture.

But if jackass , another moderate fan driven film can hit 14x from preview , 10x to 11x from 3.7m of preview should be in the range for uncharted, especially with inflated Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

$40M+ for Uncharted. First $100M grosser of the year. Dog maybe 12.5?. Not a very good jump for NWH. Maybe $5.3M (-29%), its biggest drop in a month. 

Yeah. Holland really fucked with NWH…