Eric Loves Rey

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This shit might actually do 100M DOM fucking lmao.

People need to remember DOG had previews on Valentine's Day, that number is meaningless. 

I mean Death on the Nile had an extra day of IMAX previews and it still did 11.7x its previews even with Super Bowl Sunday. With better reception and more favorable weekend conditions, this is still on track to at least be on par with House of Gucci's 3-Day, which would be really good for a movie that probably didn't cost much to make.

15 minutes ago, Eric Drake said:

I mean Death on the Nile had an extra day of IMAX previews and it still did 11.7x its previews even with Super Bowl Sunday. With better reception and more favorable weekend conditions, this is still on track to at least be on par with House of Gucci's 3-Day, which would be really good for a movie that probably didn't cost much to make.

It really depends because the Wednesday numbers were certainly almost nothing vs wide previews on VD, an usual strong day at the box office. It wouldn't surprise me if 700k or so came from that day vs 500k from yesterday. I just don't see how this does 14M over the 4 day but hopefully I am wrong.

38 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's based on a popular video game IP, so it's going to play out more like a Marvel movie than a family picture.

Interestingly it felt like the fan base was not particularly excited because the casting was…off. But maybe it still got enough people on the fence to go. 

It’s amazing what like a month and a couple extra minutes of sunlit will do for your psyche. Have four movies planned this weekend.

We were supposed to take my grandmother to dog, because my mom is so excited. We even joked about how we were trying to take our dog to go see it. But grandma decided she did not want to see the dog movie, so we ended up at Death on the Nile. My Mom and I thought it was fine. Grandma thought it was very confusing, And had too many people, and she said that if you could explain/understand the movie should give you $1000.  Mom and I were both like: “Well, see, it’s like…” 😂😂😂

My friend and I plan to do uncharted And scream tomorrow. And then we’re gonna take the kids to see the dog movie on Monday.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Interestingly it felt like the fan base was not particularly excited because the casting was…off. But maybe it still got enough people on the fence to go. 

I feel Uncharted's a film that is totally coasting off Spider-Mania and Holland being the biggest thing ever at the moment. If this came out in 2023 or even in the summer or fall, it would have been a total dud.

• Like 1