Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This thread is rapidly turning from potential sweet mega sexual box office orgasms into an anti-climatic 30 seconds jizz.

Wearing constrictive nylons and body armor squeezes your balls and ruins performance.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

So currently the 2nd biggest TF of the pandemic era is ~$26M. What was the “walk up” percentage compared to presales for your area last night?

Just as an example, one theatre that I tracked had roughly 325 tickets sold as of 3:00 PST. Ended with 482 for the night. That comp would pretty much bring Batman to a hair under 40M true Friday, if walk-ups are just as strong. That being said, I feel like Friday night walkups are usually at least slightly stronger than Thursday preview screenings for such a fan-heavy movie.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

Deadline is reporting ComScore is down.

EXCLUSIVE: Sources are saying that the aorta of the weekend box office, Comscore’s Rentrak system, is down Friday. Talk about bad timing, coming on the opening day of Warner Bros’ The Batman. But I hear Comscore is feverishly working hard to get the system back up soon this afternoon.

I’m told that there was an unplanned outage in the hosting facility where the server resides. There’s been wild rumors out there that there was a fire in the Portland, OR, offices — that is not the case. Warners is also not hiding grosses here, which occurred when Tenet debuted back in late August 2020, when movie theaters were first reopening during the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 5
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The last 4-5 pages were some of the most boring shit ever typed.  

Show us your power then. Make BOT great again.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Can we not with the whole DC/MCU bias thing?

I don't think DC/Marvel flame wars discussions are quite as verboten as they once were, but let's not test the Staff's patience and magnanimous nature, right?

When someone starts throwing accusations of being biased when you are right on the spot with the numbers and the people that are throwing out the accusations are people who have 0 idea about tracking or BO trends and are literally just upset because they’re fanboys…I think it is entirely appropriate to respond. shutting down all convo about it is rather unfair. 

Just spit my drink at the news of a I Am Legend sequel with Akiva fucking Goldsman writing. 

Will Smith is somehow back and MBJ will also be one of the leads.

Edited by CJohn