CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Sorry but no. I enjoyed Prometheus though. Covenant was a mess and I found the David storyline horrible,  It should’ve carried on with Noomi, but just more Aliens than Prometheus. CGI was bad. Ridley just gave up on it. 

No, just no, if you mean the same movie we got, Prometheus parts were the only decent moments in Covenant, Alien parts were unwatchable, just terrible, I gave it 6 only because of Fassbender parts and certain bias, if it was just Alien parts the way they were written and executed there, it would've been 2 for me, even trash like AvP at least had practical effects.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Life was better than Covenant imo. 

I don't disagree here.

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I know it won't happen, but I'd love if Shaw returns in the final act of this film and finally completes her Engineer quest.

You'd have to retcon Covenant to do that, but I would fully support this as well because the movie we got is a mistake and Noomi was too nice to say No to Ridley who certainly had a nerve to ask her to do that thankless cameo, I would just show him a middle finger because what he did was incredibly disrespectful.

I appreciate silliness like this. In fact, it takes us back to the glory days of the 80s when Rambo and Robocop got Saturday morning cartoons. They even tried to do that with Aliens, but it got canceled at the last minute. 

https://comicsalliance.com/operation-aliens-kenner-alien-toys/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Eric Wonka said:

I appreciate silliness like this. In fact, it takes us back to the glory days of the 80s when Rambo and Robocop got Saturday morning cartoons. They even tried to do that with Aliens, but it got canceled at the last minute. 

https://comicsalliance.com/operation-aliens-kenner-alien-toys/

Highlander as well, because a plot about immortals running around chopping each others heads off definitely screamed Saturday Morning Cartoon.

45 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It'd be a little early but maybe something for this at the Super Bowl?

Eh probably too early and I do not seem them doing spots for DP 3, Apes, and this. If they do a third spot for a Fox movie it will probably be for the Omen sequel/reboot whatever it is, that comes out on April 5th. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It'd be a little early but maybe something for this at the Super Bowl?

I expect we'll get our first look sometime in April. That's when the new Omen movie comes out (another Fox property) and April 26 is Alien Day (LV-426).

On 11/29/2023 at 9:44 AM, TomThomas said:

Reception differs on different sites, but it's well below 7 on foreign ones I checked and will be below 7 on imdb in a couple of years with its current drop rate. It doesn't deserve its critics score when far superior Predator 1 and 2 were trashed by critics on release, even Predators was better.

Predator 2 is god awful.