john2000

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness OS Thread

22 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline 8s reporting that DS2 is the No. 1 movie of the pandemic in Indonesia and the No. 2 release in Brazil and Mexico.

That doesn't seem right. Did they forget NWH? It made $26m in Indonesia just 6 months ago. Is 6 months ago not included in the pandemic era?

DS2 is not even the biggest in the last 3 weeks. There's a local film that is on its way to become the biggest Indonesian film ever (and 4th overall after EG, NWH and IW).

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Damn, seems like Strange has had some catastrophic drops in most countries. 

Am I the only one who has Dr Strange 2 as one of my 10 favourite MCU movies? In the end thanks to Raimi they finally tried to do something a bit different from usual as a part of the fans (and critics) have wanted for years, which is less jokes and bullshit and more blood and casualties

Then the film also sets the start for extremely interesting plot developments that comic readers know very well, I'd say a Secret Wars film around 2026-2030 is almost certain...

2 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Am I the only one who has Dr Strange 2 as one of my 10 favourite MCU movies? In the end thanks to Raimi they finally tried to do something a bit different from usual as a part of the fans (and critics) have wanted for years, which is less jokes and bullshit and more blood and casualties

Then the film also sets the start for extremely interesting plot developments that comic readers know very well, I'd say a Secret Wars film around 2026-2030 is almost certain...

Youre not the only one, plenty here (me as well) like this movie a lot. But many others do not. Its just a divisive movie which explains the larger than usual for Marvel drops.

And yes, i personally agree that i like what they did in this movie with certain characters that could set up exciting future possibilitys.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, catlover said:

That doesn't seem right. Did they forget NWH? It made $26m in Indonesia just 6 months ago. Is 6 months ago not included in the pandemic era?

DS2 is not even the biggest in the last 3 weeks. There's a local film that is on its way to become the biggest Indonesian film ever (and 4th overall after EG, NWH and IW).

Disney overestimated the OS weekend, it didn't pass The Batman in Mexico either. It's very... strange!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

More than domestic holds, overseas holds in markets that are normally leggy have been disappointing. 1B looks tough barring a really good hold this weekend. Let us wait and see. Nothing major is opening this week. 

Overseas legs depend on which part of overseas you are doing max biz. If its Asia and Mexico (ofc exceptions are there and really big ones), legs won't be long but if its Europe, then legs can be longer but in general I would say domestic legs are longer than OS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

More than domestic holds, overseas holds in markets that are normally leggy have been disappointing. 1B looks tough barring a really good hold this weekend. Let us wait and see. Nothing major is opening this week. 

You only really have great legs OS when Japan and parts of Western Europe (Germany, France, Netherlands and depends on the movie the UK) are the major markets.
Or in the case of an absolute behemoth.