CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

5 hours ago, Eric Legion said:

This reminds me, not sure how deep your late run worn lists go, but I would love to see 21st century 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th

13th

1. Avatar - 6.53M

2. Frozen - 4.40M

3. No Way Home - 4.05M

4. Jurassic World - 2.69M

5. Bohemian Rhapsody - 2.47M

6. Raya and the Last Dragon - 2.34M

7. The Blind Side - 2.26M

8. LOTR: FOTR - 2.12M

9. Black Panther - 2.08M

10. LOTR: RoTK - 2.02M

14th

1. Avatar - 4.03M

2. Frozen - 3.63M

3. NWH - 3.14M

4. The Italian Job - 2.95M

5. LOTR: FoTR - 2.36M

6. Wonder Woman - 2.04M

7. Bohemian Rhapsody - 1.82M

15th

Frozen - 2.95

FoTR - 2.38

NWH - 2.00

The Italian job - 1.75

A Wrinkle in Time (LOL) - 1.68

16th

Frozen - 2.15

Gravity - 1.87

FoTR - 1.74

Dinosaur - 1.71

NWH - ~1.5

The Blind Side - 1.26

I never prepped these lists so far out. Didn't think any film could crack these ranks in this day and age. Anyway, I don't think these are much helpful as The Numbers only report these upto #100. And I'm pretty sure I've missed some film whose 13th wide week is actually week 18 or something

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least it didn’t fall from true Friday to Saturday, despite the horrendous audience scores. But yes, opening in the 30’s is surprising for this. And not in a good way, I assumed $50m was the floor last week. 

I wonder how Ambulance will do, it was DOA here in the UK. 

Edited by Krissykins

Morbius, Fantastic Beasts, Ambulance, and The Bad Guys are looking to be back to back flops. The Lost City jumped over a cliff.

I was told this was the "Roaring Twenties".

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AJG said:

Morbius, Fantastic Beasts, Ambulance, and The Bad Guys are looking to be back to back flops. The Lost City jumped over a cliff.

I was told this was the "Roaring Twenties".

A rather conspicuous omission 😛

Another thread that has gone to all out bullshit,not suprised in the slightest as it seems that some people cant use basic logic here. Morbius doing even 36-38 ow is very good  considering the TERRIBLE wom,the movie did indeed have potential for more but with C+ .......

Edited by john2000

17 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Another thread that has gone to all out bullshit,not suprised in the slightest as it seems that some people cant use basic logic here. Morbius doing even 36-38 ow is very good  considering the TERRIBLE wom,the movie did indeed have potential for more but with C+ .......

36-38 is already effect of WOM. Because this movie was being projected for 45M and even 50M if well received by audiences. This was Charlie 1 week ago. 

And we are here now. Like... this is a Marvel movie. And this is going to crash next weekend. 

36-38 is not very good lol. It's just Ok. I wonder if this will even cross 200M WW. A Marvel movie. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

36-38 is already effect of WOM. Because this movie was being projected for 45M and even 50M if well received by audiences. This was Charlie 1 week ago. 

And we are here now. Like... this is a Marvel movie. And this is going to crash next weekend. 

36-38 is not very good lol. It's just Ok. I wonder if this will even cross 200M WW. A Marvel movie. 

Arent you tired with the phrase a marvel movie ? to the casual moviegoer its not, however the biggest issue here along with the WOM is the fact that the movie didnt look good in the slightest and after the 1 teaser whatever hype there was died out.

Edited by john2000
  • ...wtf 1