Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

WB needs to recast Amber Heard and Ezra Miller and just reshoot Aquaman 2 and Flashpoint.

I still can't believe WB is murdering Shazam like this. What have Levi and Sandberg done to WB to deserve this?

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

44 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

So is Elvis going to be what they push for the oscars?

Elvis is going to be what gets Warner Bros.'s biggest push. This comes down to their film slate for 2022, because the only other film they're distributing that can feasibly compete for serious Oscars will be Don't Worry Darling. They have stuff like Black Adam, Creed 3, and Shazam 2, but those aren't likely to get anything other than maybe Visual Effects. So Elvis is the only "baity" film they have this year, so it's that or nothing.

1 minute ago, SLAM! said:

Elvis is going to be what gets Warner Bros.'s biggest push. This comes down to their film slate for 2022, because the only other film they're distributing that can feasibly compete for serious Oscars will be Don't Worry Darling. They have stuff like Black Adam, Creed 3, and Shazam 2, but those aren't likely to get anything other than maybe Visual Effects. So Elvis is the only "baity" film they have this year, so it's that or nothing.

I think it will come down to reviews on both. I think don't worry darling will be the winner in that regard

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WB needs to recast Amber Heard and Ezra Miller and just reshoot Aquaman 2 and Flashpoint.

I still can't believe WB is murdering Shazam like this. What have Levi and Sandberg done to WB to deserve this?

Why the hell should they recast AH. She looks like a victim of abuse from this ongoing trial. Just like the one in UK. No Company fires a victim. Is that the kind of World you live in. Yikes 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • ...wtf 4
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Was Dune 2 mentioned in any way? Doesn't seem like it from what I'm seeing.

Dune Part II isn't filming yet. 

Coyote Vs Acme I assume will be Fall 2023 now that Barbie has taken its slot.

My thoughts from the WB presentation....

- The footage and everything from Elvis was fucking incredible.  It's pure Baz and anyone thinking he is making some boring straight forward biopic is absurdly mistaken.  I was also shocked how good Austin Butler is in the extended footage.  This will be a Gatsby type hit for WB. 

- I was looking forward to the Don't Worry Darling footage, but it worried me.  This is so weird and out there without any real good idea of what people are looking at that I don't think general audiences are going to be attracted to it.  Still a lot of time, but want to see more.  For the record, I'm glad they are swinging for the fences on this.  

- Can't believe how much footage they showed from Wonka and it is going to be a smash hit during Holiday 2023.  

- The Flash and Keaton got an insanely big reaction

- I didn't think much of Aquaman 2, DC Super Pets or Black Adam, but they just aren't for me.  

- Salem's Lot should have the potential to break out in September.  Had a few things in the trailer that scared the shit out of the crowd.  

- Shazam! 2 also had a very funny trailer.  It should be the mini-Jumanji of Holiday 2022.  It will easily co-exist along side Avatar 2 and have a good run.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2