Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

• Founder / Operator
46 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I remember when the Avatar teaser got widely mocked and met with a lot of skepticism. @Shawn remembers. 

Anyways, there'll be more to show.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

The teaser looked solid to me. You can tell a lot is being held back and likely far from finished.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

They are releasing first look on May, don't think they will release another trailer one month later. 
I think their strategy will be full trailer on July with Thor, Final trailer on November with Black Panther 

Again, not the typical pattern and likely won’t deviate from that.

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

The teaser looked solid to me. You can tell a lot is being held back and likely far from finished.

It's really a shame about BOM going under, could've been so many goodies to mine from there.

Just now, CJohn said:

Hopefully Universal puts it online as well.

I think they can. They will screen The Black Phone entirely but they still drop the full trailer yesterday, maybe because they intend to drop JW today 

I mean i´m sure it will be on DS2 screenings but i think they should release before monday with DS2 reactions / reviews / interviews / international release etc

34 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So nothing about Star Wars Squadron. Lol

Their infographic cut out halfway through 2023 so there wouldn't be any info even if Celebration wasn't in a month.

28 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

because the director stepped down over creative differences and haven't found a replacement yet

FWIW, as far as we know Patty Jenkins is still attached to Rogue Squadron.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

Star Wars Celebration is in a month

Also FWIW, if we don't hear anything about Rogue Squadron at Celebration next month then the odds of it hitting Dec '23 plummet dramatically.  Can't say they go to zero though, as LFL is (in)famously tightlipped about making official comments about upcoming projects nowadays.

• Like 1