Eric is Smiling

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

It's crazy how they've made 3 Venom movies and he fought Spider-Man in 0 of them. If Sony was smart, they would have him fight Andrew's Spider-Man in this one to give it an actual hook. That would guarantee a big OW.

The big problem with that is that Marvel has proven time and again that they do not want Sony's live-action movies to feature Spider-Man. They don't want any other competing versions of the character in that medium at least. Between the old rumours of them demanding Tom Holland's lawyer friendly cameo be cut from the first Venom, and them kicking Venom out of the MCU as soon as they could, Marvel's thoughts on a Spider-Man vs Venom movie are abundantly clear. That's why they should have saved Carnage for this movie instead of wasting him in the last one. Sadly, Sony prioritized short-term hype for longevity, and now they are about to pay the price. At least they're smart enough to just end the series now instead of dragging it on any longer.

Oh, and before you ask, I do not buy any of the current rumours surrounding Spider-Man 4 at all. Not at this stage. And I've made it clear above why.

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The big problem with that is that Marvel has proven time and again that they do not want Sony's live-action movies to feature Spider-Man. They don't want any other competing versions of the character in that medium at least. Between the old rumours of them demanding Tom Holland's lawyer friendly cameo be cut from the first Venom, and them kicking Venom out of the MCU as soon as they could, Marvel's thoughts on a Spider-Man vs Venom movie are abundantly clear. That's why they should have saved Carnage for this movie instead of wasting him in the last one. Sadly, Sony prioritized short-term hype for longevity, and now they are about to pay the price. At least they're smart enough to just end the series now instead of dragging it on any longer.

Oh, and before you ask, I do not buy any of the current rumours surrounding Spider-Man 4 at all. Not at this stage. And I've made it clear above why.

I guess your reaction when you find out Marvel has no control over Spider-Man. which is cinematically an exclusive Sony property. So it’s more likely that Sony simply avoids overusing spider-man in their other live action Marvel projects just to avoid avoid any character fatigue. Same reason why they do not allow MCU to use Sony Marvel characters that already have their own movies. Jon Wats already revealed this in an interview. Now with Venom franchise conclusion, they probably will use the Symbiote in MCU.

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I don’t see why Marvel would be able to dictate what Sony does with their own movies. Marvel doesn’t own the movie rights to Spider-Man. They are only allowed to use Spider-Man with Sony’s direct approval. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mad Max007 said:

The success of first Venom really made Sony over confident thinking people will also show up for stuff like Morbius and Kraven without any Spider-Man.

Morbius with 15% on RT open to almost 40 million. So people def showed up for Morbius. The problem was not that Morbius had no spider-man but instead the problem was that Morbius is a really bad movie. With good reception Morbius would have comfortably made around 50M ow I’d say and consequently good legs. And Morbius was a very obscure Spider-Man villain, many Marvel fans had never heard of Morbius before. 

On the other hand, Kraven is a well known Marvel character and known not only by Spider-Man fans, specially now after the success of spider-man 2 game; Kraven is also the main villain in one of the most famous Black Panther comics and also has iconic fights in Venom comic books, not to mention he is also part of X-Men universe storylines. The point is the movie has to be good, specially now that fans trust less in Sony than they did before Morbius and Madame Web.

Edited by leoh

Hopefully this movie even getting lower and showing Sony that even Venom is on diminishing returns is the death sign for this universe for Sony. My bad, shit-verse.

I wouldn't mind to live in a world where Sony allowed Marvel to play with their characters as they see fit, always with previous communication and Sony just making animated movies.

Rumors is that Sony is now developing Venom movie on animation form. They were also working on a Gwen movie. Maybe give another Spider character a movie series. Maybe Miguel or even Spider-Noir or whatever they want. I wouldn't mind to see Sony continuing to play on this animation form.

Edited by justnumbers
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1