Eric is Smiling

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I mean, 400M as a floor would still make this profitable.

I think anything over 500M for this is possible with a positive reception and a win. It was never going to do Carnage numbers once the first trailer came out I guess.

Oh yeah it's definitely going to be profitable, just waaaaaay less than I was expecting

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I mean, 400M as a floor would still make this profitable.

I think anything over 500M for this is possible with a positive reception and a win. It was never going to do Carnage numbers once the first trailer came out I guess.

500 million would be flat with Carnage which I don't think is going to happen. I think 400-450 is the best case scenario for it. Not a flop, just slightly underperforming and Sony will just decide if they want to keep going with the stuff set up in this apparently or not. Now there's a worst case scenario with it where it only does like 300-350 but we'll see how it goes.

Par for the course with middling reviews. It doesn't matter. This series is as critic proof as Resident Evil and Transformers. People overseas love this series for some reason. I guess it's a win for SONY purely in a financial manner, but I see lost potential as a fan. I see something like Upgrade, and the "what could have been" makes it even more disheartening.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Just think if they had put any effort into making these movies anything other than the hacked to pieces in the editing room  messes they end up being.

I don't know, I thought the first one was real fun.

The second one had its moments, but it could've indeed been handled much better.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't know, I thought the first one was real fun.

The second one had its moments, but it could've indeed been handled much better.

Yeah  they were both  hacked to death in the editing room and could have been so much better. Both movies are entertaining to a point but you can just feel the studio meddling while watching them.

Edited by emoviefan

Why still no reviews on RT? Thursday previews start super early on Thurs 2PM.

Is Sony expecting them to be very bad?

Edit: Just checked, reviews out in under 2 hours!

Edited by Mojoguy

https://deadline.com/2024/10/venom-the-last-dance-china-global-international-box-office-1236156457/

Sony’s Venom: The Last Dance chomped into its first suite of international box office markets today, with the Marvel symbiote nabbing a strong $9.3M start in China.

This is the biggest opening day for a superhero film since Spider-Man: Far From Home in the market, and portends a five-day launch in the upper $30M neighborhood there. The start is also above recent Hollywood releases, though not apples-to-apples since other movies opened across a traditional weekend.

These days, anything above a $20M debut in China is icing for the studios. The early social score from Maoyan is a 9 and we are waiting on critical responses. These scores can certainly impact the outcome over the next few days.

7 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Lol and one of them is by Jeremy Jahns. He's the type to like these types of movies.

You would think but he's been pretty critical as of late. RT really needs to fix their site though.

Edited by poweranimals