Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

3 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

So TA May record lives to see another day, or better to say another year with GOTG3 on the horizon. 

It’s lost all its others records I think. Let it keep just this one a little while ok guys?

1 hour ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

That's true. But Disney is all about its branding. Smoking is allowed on PG-13 movies - and similar TV rating - but Disney makes it an internal rule that their PG-13 and lower movies will not allow smoking. It is in their best interest to have clear branding for the projects for its properties, especially its biggest one. Parents pay more attention to the branding than they do why a movie is rated a certain way.

But again, that's on the ignorance of the parents, not the movie

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, joe liviig said:

friday estimate was 90m

EmpireCity already said a few times that Disney are underestimating the Friday and that it could be $91.5m. It’s on the earlier pages. 

That’s why I said “if”. 

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Something like Jurassic World for example is way too intense for a five year old but fine for a 10-11 year old. This is why I hate the UK equivalent the 12A because you end up with kids going to movies they are clearly unsuited for and why I'm glad a 15A doesn't exist.

It's crazy how in 2021,there was 8 MCU projects and 6 of them were mediocre to bad.

And now in May 2022, we already have 2 MCU projects and they are both extremely mediocre (Moon Knight finale really botched the whole thing for me. Only good thing out of it was Oscar Isaac. And Doctor Strange...won't even get there. One of the worst writing in the MCU. MAYBE not the worst. But... really bad. And weird). 

Way to start Papa Feige. You're certainly getting us used to it. Let's see how the next 5 or so projects of 2022 go. I guess. Keep the flood. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 5

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeh I agree.

If the parents have a sensitive child who could be genuinely scared by anything in this then I’m sure they’d be having a look first. 

5 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

It's crazy how in 2021,there was 8 MCU projects and 6 of them were mediocre to bad.

And now in May 2022, we already have 2 MCU projects and they are both extremely mediocre (Moon Knight finale really botched the whole thing for me. Only good thing out of it was Oscar Isaac. And Doctor Strange...won't even get there. One of the worst writing in the MCU. MAYBE not the worst. But... really bad. And weird). 

Way to start Papa Feige. You're certainly getting us used to it. Let's see how the next 5 or so projects of 2022 go. I guess. Keep the flood. 

Papa Feige reading this post:

money-crying.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

money-crying.gif

3 of the 2021 releases had pretty low BO, though covid of course is a complicating element. And we see from other franchises that megagrossing movies with bad reception is not a pathway to long-term success, which is the real goal for mcu more than anyone else.  

That said, they are having another humongous overreaction — as far as the GA was concerned the 5 phase 5 movies are 2 great, 2 okay, and 1 bad. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

money-crying.gif

Doesn't really matter to what I said. 

So much money to spend on even more mediocrity.? 

I have a theory that from 2023 on, we will see the return to good form. In movies at least (have no hope for the series at all. Specially if they keep this 6 episodes series stupidity). I think these movies were maybe heavily affected by covid? 

But I have a feeling this is getting beyond wtitters. The MCU is just getting to convoluted.

It's also really annoying this stupid necessity of making everything this huge thing. Biggest stakes . It was so unnecessary in Moon Knight (felt no stakes). Gods everywhere now. Eternals. Norse gods. We will get the Greek ones. Throw them all in. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll

Just now, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

3 of the 2021 releases had pretty low BO, though covid of course is a complicating element. And we see from other franchises that megagrossing movies with bad reception is not a pathway to long-term success, which is the real goal for mcu more than anyone else.  

That said, they are having another humongous overreaction — as far as the GA was concerned the 5 phase 5 movies are 2 great, 2 okay, and 1 bad. 

Im honestly baffled at saying (already) that DS has a "bad" reception. It may have a mediocre-to-bad reception among the hard fanbase, but we have no real indicator yet that the GA thinks so too. The mediocre Sat hold can be reasonably tributed to the general frontloading of the movie since this was a typical "see it NOW to avoid spoilers"-type movie but im personally hesitent to speak of a bad reception before we have the second weekend hold. If it crumbles there and has a bad hold then yeah im on board with the bad reception. But not already when we not even have the full OW numbers.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im honestly baffled at saying (already) that DS has a "bad" reception.

Unfortunately, this is not the one with bad GA reception!

I was surprised that DS2 was at 6th place of Fandango's most anticipated films list early this year.

JW3 was at 5th place. I know the list is not equal with BO. But should we expect a higher opening weekend for dinosaurs?

I guess the reason Batman is at 3rd place is it's a Spring movie. But why Spider-Verse in Oct can be the second most anticipated movie? NWH effects?

Will $100M opening happen for TG2?

1. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
  2. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
  3. The Batman
  4. Thor: Love and Thunder
  5. Jurassic World: Dominion
  6. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  7. Avatar 2
  8. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
  9. Top Gun: Maverick
  10. Mission: Impossible 7

Edited by Gavin Feng

27 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Unfortunately, this is not the one with bad GA reception!

? Am i dumb for not really understanding what you mean 😅 is this a joke that the original DS had not a bad reception?

25 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I was surprised that DS2 was at 6th place of Fandango's most anticipated films list early this year.

JW3 was at 5th place. I know the list is not equal with BO. But should we expect a higher opening weekend for dinosaurs?

I guess the reason Batman is at 3rd place is it's a Spring movie. But why Spider-Verse in Oct can be the second most anticipated movie? NWH effects?

Will $100M opening happen for TG2?

These Fandango lists are heavily influenced by both the date when theyre polled and hardcore fans inflating it. With Batman, it was probably both, with Spider-Verse its definetly a case where quite a big online fanbase is upvoting it heavily. Realistically, it will increase from Into the Spider-Verse, but probably not by a huge amount.

And yes imo, Top Gun 2 will top 100M 3-Day and Jurassic World 3 will open higher than the Doctor.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I need some of that confidence, I'm still stuck on opening bigger than Fallen Kingdom 😕😕

Thats ok. Some of us see the light sooner than others. I can help you. Just read all my posts in this thread:

I promise, your confidence will be higher after that.

10 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Thats ok. Some of us see the light sooner than others. I can help you. Just read all my posts in this thread:

I promise, your confidence will be higher after that.

Went for IN there lol..... although my personal thinking is 170-175.

But I'll be elated if it repeats a JW.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Marvel stans turning on Kev?

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bffcb603858b8e397c

My experience of most Marvel fans are that they aren't the histrionic types and are more likely to be capable of going "Hmmm, they are having pacing and world-expanding issues, so some of these things are a little clunky" without 'turning on' anyone.

At least I hope they are.

Not everything is a massive drama.

• Like 2