Eric the Fall Guy

The First Omen | April 5, 2024 | 20th Century | A prequel to The Omen

83% on RT with 34 reviews [7.3 averave]

64 on MC with 17 reviews

Both very solid for a franchise horror movie, especially a prequel. They really should´ve dropped these 2 days ago, sales are very bad. Now hopefully walkups can surprise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

83% on RT with 34 reviews [7.3 averave]

64 on MC with 17 reviews

Both very solid for a franchise horror movie, especially a prequel. They really should´ve dropped these 2 days ago, sales are very bad. Now hopefully walkups can surprise.

Horror is the most walkup friendly genre so it still has a decent shot at double digits.

Yeh I still maintain that reviews like this would’ve helped more earlier this week or preferably last week. Horrors have walk ups regardless. 

I think Disney struggle to realise internally when they have a good horror film on their hands. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CJohn said:

Disney is the worst. Literally Lionsgate on steroids. They can't sell anything that doesn't sell itself.

It really does feel like Disney just can't sell anything anymore. Horror is a genre that has been performing really well even post-pandemic, and apparently they had a pretty good one too but somehow decided to have a last minute embargo and just ignore it until it's time to send it out to die?

• Like 1

Oh I thought this was excellent. 

I’m not a huge fan of The Omen films, but this is fantastic. It’s beautifully shot. The budget is on screen. A class act. 

Not sure which scene had audiences cheering etc as there’s nothing overly shocking, but it’s all so good. 

• Like 3

Saw it today and gosh this was AMAZING! The constant dread, the buildup to the third and impactful last act and Nell Tiger Free is terrific here. The horror surprise of the year so far

• Like 4

I adored this film.  It is so well crafted. The acting is brilliant and everyone is cast so well.

The slow burn build of tension was expertly done. The framing of each shot was meticulous. The use of sound especially was executed to perfection. I am in love!

This is the best Omen film easily for me.

9/10

• Like 1

This was excellent, and it’s a shame that it seems to be underperforming. Loved the slow, creeping dread, and the last third really had my heart racing. Nell Tiger Free was outstanding too, she was fantastic in THAT scene outside the church.

Without spoiling anything though, I do feel like it should have ended two minutes earlier than it does. That final scene wasn’t needed and felt kind of tacked on.

Easily the second best in the franchise after the original, and I’d love another one if they can make it as strong as this.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1