BadOlCatSylvester

May 13-15 Weekend Thread | 67.4% drop for Doctor Strange 2

Just now, ringedmortality said:

Does this mean MCU fans are gonna say this is a brilliant masterpiece that went over the heads of the general audience?

in a few months time they will, i mean  some people think eternals is a masterpiece because it has a "different" tone

• Haha 1

I would be very cautious to compare literally any film to BvS' reception. It doesnt happen too often that a film is literally despised as much at that one was outside a certain side of the fandom we're all familiar with i think.

Doctor Strange 2 has mixed WOM, but not toxic WOM. It wont have a multiplier under 2.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

in a few months time they will, i mean  some people think eternals is a masterpiece because it has a "different" tone

Eternals is a weird one because I've seen people who hate the MCU say something like "can't believe how critics gave Spider-Man positive reviews but gave the Chloe Zhao movie bad reviews."

Doctor Strange 2 has fine word of mouth, I just think that people expected it to be some big meaningful event within the MCU and it turned out to just be a normal standalone movie and that led to frontloading it wouldn't have seen otherwise. Like Iron Man 3, Thor 2 - I don't think reception was bad, I just think people had the wrong idea. Without the post-NWH "this matters so much" hype, Strange 2 would have done like 135 OW and had fine legs.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I would be very cautious to compare literally any film to BvS' reception. It doesnt happen too often that a film is literally despised as much at that one was outside a certain side of the fandom we're all familiar with i think.

Doctor Strange 2 has mixed WOM, but not toxic WOM. It wont have a multiplier under 2.

::coughMorbiuscough::

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I .... i ...

i actually had forgotten Morbius' Existence.

In fairness, so did the movie-going public 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

But will it be as beloved as Suicide Squad and reach a 2.43x multiple?

33 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

The main difference between Eternals and DS2 is that Eternals is great.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

jimbonation

this is now the avatar thread

I can appreciate that.

Which character of the show is the best do you think and why is it Toph?

• Like 2