Eric Prime

TOP GUN MAVERICK/MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THREAD | 126.7M 3-Day, 160.5M 4-Day. The biggest Memorial Day opening ever! | Doctor Strange 20.5M 4-Day, Bob's Burgers 14.8M

Just now, grim22 said:

A legacy sequel I would love to see with Cruise is to The Color Of Money. Cruise plays the Newman role and wins his Oscar.

and with glen powell as the new arrogant young hotshot player you're right grim great idea.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

It is exploding here in Portugal. There are theaters selling out like I haven't seen since pre-pandemic. Cruise about to rule the world.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, John Marston said:

they should make Days of Thunder: Trickle. In all seriousness though it’s interesting that Days of Thunder was blatantly designed as “Top Gun with race cars” yet was no where near as successful as that movie 

18 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

The people want Tropic Thunder 2

Days of Tropic Thunder.

• Like 2

BoxOfficePro just published a weekend forecast predicting a $130M 3-day total for Top Gun

Is it just me or is that way more than what's being tossed around by other sources? Is $130M 3-day an unreasonable over/under?