EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

$24.5m

$80m weekend here we come, and maybe the 600m train. My god, TGM is shaping to be the most impressive run of the pandemic.

I do think Dominion and Lightyear may hurt a bit due to the breakout.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

$80m weekend here we come, and maybe the 600m train. My god, TGM is shaping to be the most impressive run of the pandemic.

I do think Dominion and Lightyear may hurt a bit due to the breakout.

Dominion I get but why Lightyear. Yeah Toy Story has adult appeal but at the end of the day it's a children/family film.

7 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Dominion I get but why Lightyear. Yeah Toy Story has adult appeal but at the end of the day it's a children/family film.

I suspect Lightyear to play less like TS4 and a bit more like Sonic 2 or ITSV in terms of audience composition (while obviously gross more than either, was talking demographics).

Edited by YourMother

There’s a very good chance Maverick wins the year (I have Avatwo at 700m but a percent of its money is in 2023, so Maverick wins on technicality). The only real competition it has domestically is Wakanda Forever which I think will be more or less neck and neck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother said:

There’s a very good chance Maverick wins the year (I have Avatwo at 700m but a percent of its money is in 2023, so Maverick wins on technicality). The only real competition it has domestically is Wakanda Forever which I think will be more or less neck and neck.

Even if you have avatwo at a billion domestic, top gun probably wins the year if it ends up above wakanda

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1