EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

I hate TGM now, I shouldn’t have watch twice in the cinema and brought another 11 with me. I underestimated TGM and now have to bear the painful consequences. 
:whosad:

ha ha ha ha, very good post!!
It´s what happens when we betray the movie of the movies!!  ;)))

• Sad 1

01. Elvis - 38M - i think this could even do 40M+, im optimistic about it

02. Top Gun - 34M

03. JWD - 28M - i think loosing all remaining PLF's will hurt it a lot

04. LY - 22M

05. Black Phone - 21M - i hope for far more, horror needs another solid performer

13 minutes ago, setna said:

A question for the experts in this forum;
Has been any movie in the last 25 years that has come back to the first spot in the weekend box office in the fifth weekend after losing it previously?
Cause TGM it seems it´s gonna do it and maybe is a record for the last 20 or 30 years.

Frozen took the top spot in its second (wide) weekend and then retook it in its sixth.

Edited by Sir Tiki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Am I the only who think 60m is on table for JWD? The movie has a very solid chance getting father day and Juneteenth holiday boost given its families attraction. -5% from Saturday sound harsh.

• Like 1

Well, Lightyear is a straight up disaster, and reception overall are decent so the only reasonable thought is that people really decided they can wait for D+ since everyone is seeing PIXAR movies this way for years now. 

Top Gun keeps being a monster and i do agreed +600M is locked 

JWD is doing decent, it can reach 400M if everything goes well. 

Really hoping both Elvis and Black Phone pull good numbers, we need these type of movies doing well way more than blockbusters doing blockbuster numbers alone. 

Elvis presales looks good, we already know reviews are good, i think 40M can happen. Black Phone sales aren't impressive but they're not awful, reception are crazy good and horror is a walkup genre so opefully 20-25M is possible.

Edited by ThomasNicole

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Am I the only who think 60m is on table for JWD? The movie has a very solid chance getting father day and Juneteenth holiday boost given its families attraction. -5% from Saturday sound harsh.

I have 59.2M weekend as my upper end. I hope I am pleasantly surprised should Sunday stay flat or increase and Saturday go over 22M in the actuals. But what I really want is a 10M+ Monday for 70M+ 4-day weekend. All government jobs are off and many private companies are off.

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Its definetly not impossible since it has thus far exceeded estimates regularly.

4 minutes ago, EmeraldWitch said:

Stop rewatching JWD man. You're starting to lose your mind :ph34r: 

Its way too late. Dominion is just the tip of the Iceberg. I can proudly say that ive watched JW around 200 times by now and Fallen Kingdom rougly 90-100 times.

6 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I have 59.2M weekend as my upper end. I hope I am pleasantly surprised should Sunday stay flat or increase and Saturday go over 22M in the actuals. But what I really want is a 10M+ Monday for 70M+ 4-day weekend. All government jobs are off and many private companies are off.

I think the Monday number of 10M+ is happening. I think everything is gonna do really well tomorrow.

Even with TGM being predicted to increase on Sunday over Saturday, I think it’s still being underestimated. The Sunday afternoon showings at three theaters near me (two Regal and one AMC) are doing bonkers business. The evenings are lighter but a family of four will have a very tough time finding good seats together this afternoon.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Give me....

1. Elvis - $36M
2. TGM - $32M
3. JWD - $29M
4. LY - $23M

5. BP - $18M 

I'm gonna hold off til I see if TGM gets some Imax back...if it gets a decent %, I'll put them into the #1 slot next weekend...

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm gonna hold off til I see if TGM gets some Imax back...if it gets a decent %, I'll put TG into the #1 slot next weekend...

Elvis still has Dolby and XD. I doubt it would matter that greatly much for Top Gun. Paramount will probably hold off on IMAX re-expansion until August to take full advantage

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Elvis still has Dolby and XD. I doubt it would matter that greatly much for Top Gun. Paramount will probably hold off on IMAX re-expansion until August to take full advantage

Nah, if I'm Paramount, I want them now through the July 4th holiday - strike while the iron is red hot and people are still so motivated to see it (and no other movie surpasses that desire)...

• Like 3