EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

To add to the page count, we're doing a Tuesday movie tomorrow - the boys are picking Lightyear over the dinos and the magical super...now to see if the girls are willing to go:)!

Dad is skipping all 3 (thus, I can save my movie credits and pay for the cheap tickets) - and even then, if I hadn't already promised a movie this month, we'd probably be holding out for the little yellow banana loving critters, the magical hammer wielder, and/or those flying pets...well, at least Cinemark will still sell me $5.50 tickets (yup, even $5 is no more)...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

+400k vs est, 59M

+450k vs est, 44.5M

-400k vs est, 50.6M

LY true FSS extremely close for 3rd 

Do you have DS2?

Edited by Legion and Thunder

In the Toy Story universe the Lightyear movie bombed and Andy was the only one that wanted the action figure. That’s why In TS2 you had all those Buzz action figures on the shelf with none sold 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 21
  • Astonished 9
  • Sad 1

PS - New national deal for Lightyear from Amazon for Atom posted this morning (yes, I check before buying tickets) - Get $5 for Prime Day (1x) if you buy a ticket to Lightyear on Atom.

1st enormous Disney promo for one of their movies in a long time (this one is as big as a normal TMobile since any Amazon Prime user can use it)...guess this confirms they weren't happy with the weekend...

Edit to add: Elvis has ALSO posted this $5 credit for Prime Day deal this morning - so they may have good sales on Atom this week.

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Iam referring to this response @M37. I keep getting conflicting info

Saturday increases are generally weaker across the board compared to pre-pandemic, but we’re seeing smaller Sat/Sun drops to balance out.  The audience that hasn’t yet returned is hurting Sat (and Tue) more than other days  

Just now, narniadis said:

As always, the Gods can give details as the day moves on, but be careful setting hopes for today too high. Particularly since this is the first time we are tracking this new holiday. 

@charlie Jatinder thanks for the fresh update. 

I agree since this is the first time we will be able to track this new Holiday, i find it personally hard to predict exact numbers for today.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Minimal drop for Dominion from Sat, thats solid. Top Gun still amazing but a bit of a bummer that it isnt above 18M. Lightyear ... oof.

No 60M then? Shit.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, narniadis said:

As always, the Gods can give details as the day moves on, but be careful setting hopes for today too high. Particularly since this is the first time we are tracking this new holiday. 

@charlie Jatinder thanks for the fresh update. 

Yes. I agree. Because it's so new I think next year Juneteenth (6/19 actually falls on a Monday in 2023) will likely inflate numbers more because people will be more prepared. Very interested to see what kind of numbers we see today regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Lightyear I think sub 125 final. May be even sub 115.

It would need absolutely dismal holds and pathetic weekdays from here on out to hit sub-$115M in the heart of summer. I'm guessing around $130-140M total.

2 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Empire says 22M for Dominion, 18.5M for Maverick, and stagnant Lightyear at 14M

So almost 60M for JWD. Great recovery after not so good Wednesday / Thursday.

And TGM over 45M with actuals. No words with that one