Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Oh boy then its gonna be a looooooong summer for you.

Especially when it gets IMAX shows back sometime in August and the calendar is essentially empty 

ET, Jaws and Top Gun on the BIG screen in the same month 

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

18 minutes ago, Blankments said:

as probably the biggest pixar loonie on the forum (who also didn't like Lightyear), the tim allen talking about on Lightyear is so bizarre. Tim Allen was recast in 2000 as the REAL Buzz Lightyear fanboys would KNOW

where's the complaining about patrick warburton being the original man, not the toy smh

Let's get this straight. Chris Evans is not the toy but the movie character Buzz from a movie Andy watched who is the real person on whom the toy is based. Tim Allen is the toy who is based on Chris Evans' real person from the fake movie. Patrick Warburton is the lead of the show based on the toy based on the real person from a fake movie.

calculating the hangover GIF

• Astonished 3

40 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

yeah i'm probably too positive, it's coming for a 750 total

I don’t see that happening. It’s not like the Thor movies have a negative reception. I see it making 800 mil easily. 

I don’t even know where these fools get these idiotic takes. It’s not like Thor has a negative reception. 🤫 

Edited by KJsooner

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Especially when it gets IMAX shows back sometime in August and the calendar is essentially empty 

ET, Jaws and Top Gun on the BIG screen in the same month 

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Not fair.

6 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

THOR 4 looks like trash. It'll probably have worse legs than DS2.

I wouldn't be surprised if TOP GUN 2 overtook it in dailies somewhere along the line.

It looks great and the reactions were amazing. 

Edited by Thena

If Elvis doesn't make more than 250M WW the biggest not franchise/sequel movies of the year could be Bullet Train and Babylon.

Brad doesn't need franchises and to revive 40 years old movies to smash. 

Edited by vale9001
  • ...wtf 3

I liked Lightyear, but damn. 
It will get past Lost City and be seventh on 2022 movies so far. It will get passed in July by Minions and Thor. Utterly certain to get passed by BPWF and A2. 
Will also be passed by…

Black Adam?

Super Pets?

Shazam 2?

What else?

Good Dinosaur was #26 in 2015. 

22 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

If Elvis doesn't make more than 250M WW the biggest not franchise/sequel movies of the year could be Bullet Train and Babylon.

Brad doesn't need franchises and to revive 40 years old movies to smash. 

🤣🤣🤣He needs Leo, You're right. Setting up him badly. When was the last time he got a hit? Cruise destroys him in BO. With this hate he's getting, BT will be a flop and also reactions to thrailer weren't great. Don't think critics will love it either.

Edited by Thena
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

THOR 4 looks like trash. It'll probably have worse legs than DS2.

I wouldn't be surprised if TOP GUN 2 overtook it in dailies somewhere along the line.

Those new accounts with the random hot takes these days...  :whip:

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Let's get this straight. Chris Evans is not the toy but the movie character Buzz from a movie Andy watched who is the real person on whom the toy is based. Tim Allen is the toy who is based on Chris Evans' real person from the fake movie. Patrick Warburton is the lead of the show based on the toy based on the real person from a fake movie.

calculating the hangover GIF

And then there's Kingdom Hearts 3 that had ANOTHER voice actor portray Buzz!  It's almost as if Tim Allen didn't care about Buzz outside of TS movies...

• Like 1