Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (6/24-26) | Actuals: Elvis 31.2, TGM 29.6, JWD 26.7, Black Phone 23.6, Lightyear 18.1

8 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

For instance if Valkyrie and..... i don't remember the other ones name, show up in L&T for 5 minutes and do nothing of importance beyond having a McGuffin then it's just something shoe-horned in that doesn't really add anything to the plot beyond telling me what this character whose name i don't even remember has been doing for the last few years. If they are actually important in the fight against Gor then fair enough but at that point they need to make them useful without over-shadowing Thor since he's the title character. GotG is whatever since i'm not sure if they'll even be there throughout the entire movie....

Valkyrie isn't gonna show up for only 5 minutes. She's one of the main characters. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Abysmal performance from Lightyear. Its performance has me very worried about Strange World and the animated Disney brand as a whole. The former will no doubt have conservative Kool-Aid men frothing at the mouth akin to Lightyear, on top of being part of a genre Disney has struggled to sell in the past. I really don't want to see the two Spider-Verse movies get sent to die on Netflix, so fingers crossed the other animation houses deliver this year, because I don't see Disney shaking off the Plus effect until after Chapek's run ends.

The chances of Spider-Verse going to Netflix are absolutely zero. It's Sony's best performing franchise, it's not going to sold to be a streamer. 

36 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

For instance if Valkyrie and..... i don't remember the other ones name, show up in L&T for 5 minutes and do nothing of importance beyond having a McGuffin then it's just something shoe-horned in that doesn't really add anything to the plot beyond telling me what this character whose name i don't even remember has been doing for the last few years. If they are actually important in the fight against Gor then fair enough but at that point they need to make them useful without over-shadowing Thor since he's the title character. GotG is whatever since i'm not sure if they'll even be there throughout the entire movie....

TLDR: Actually do something with characters instead of having them there as a Token and people will eventually just not care.

WTF are you on lmao Valkyrie is a major character in these movies. The early reactions have continued to single out Tessa's performance lol

17 minutes ago, longleo90 said:

people say TGM copied Star Wars new hope. So why are they( TGM) still successful

Who is saying that? TGM is extremely conventional, it's just very well done and felt especially refreshing given the timing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Ai đang nói vậy? TGM cực kỳ thông thường, nó được thực hiện rất tốt và cảm thấy đặc biệt sảng khoái với thời gian. 

I looked on the internet and saw some comparisons between TGM's last mission and Star Wars' final mission, they thought it was copied

6 minutes ago, longleo90 said:

I looked on the internet and saw some comparisons between TGM's last mission and Star Wars' final mission, they thought it was copied

And Star Wars borrowed from a film called The Dam Busters, which was based on a real RAF operation in Nazi Germany during WW2.

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Do we have similar info for other huge movies (my way of asking what percentage of endgame sales were repeat viewings)?

25 minutes ago, John Marston said:

why I won't be seeing Lightyear

935y4rb7j0891.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

*not my meme

I know this is unfair since I haven't seen it since I was a wee lad, but I don't remember that cartoon being that good? I remember feeling like it was just filler while waiting for other Disney Channel shows to come on.

48 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Very cheeky to add $176 to TGM's estimate to eke out the win lol.

I’m rooting for TGM but I see Elvis winning tbh. The projections are very soft on TGM’s drop and harsh on Elvis’.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not many read actuals is the key there.

Naa, my point is — who cares? Headlines can say anything they please and be read by whomever, doesn’t affect the reality at all.