EmpireCity

Weekly Thread 6/27-6/20

1 hour ago, Xavier said:

It’s so cringeworthy to refer to his 3 marriages on a piece like this. Like, who cares? Is it an American thing to always mix professional and private life?

It's always strange how their presidential family it's like a royal family where even children are so exposed everytime in public events while I don't even know if the prime minister in my country has a wife or not 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

Why is WB always the first one to report? Is it because they have no other box office to count at the moment?

they also took time to report $2791 for Fantastic Beats yesterday ($55 PTA)…. Maybe someone over there is bored? 😅

6 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Do we know which Universal movie will get fudged by Minions?

If Universal dont wanne be the bad guys, they better fudge Dominion a bit.

13 hours ago, Xavier said:

It’s so cringeworthy to refer to his 3 marriages on a piece like this. Like, who cares? Is it an American thing to always mix professional and private life?

Forbes was talking about how Cruise has probably spent a lot of his earnings in his lifetime. Three divorces as a A-list movie star may have affected his net worth, too. Obviously he's doing more than all right...

11 hours ago, vale9001 said:

It's always strange how their presidential family it's like a royal family where even children are so exposed everytime in public events while I don't even know if the prime minister in my country has a wife or not 🤣

In countries with royals, the press tends to focus more on them and their foibles. The UK media mention Boris Johnson's eventful personal life, but it's not nearly the frenzy there was over Prince Charles having an affair back in the day. The US doesn't have a separate head of state, so the ceremonial stuff gets thrown onto the POTUS, along with their family being treated like quasi-royals (they even get titles like First Lady, First Daughter, First Pet, etc).

8 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Do we know which Universal movie will get fudged by Minions?

Don't all the other movies from a studio get a boost when that studio releases a new blockbuster? One movie might get the double feature increase, but the rest may have better drops than normal.

• Like 1