Eric Prime

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

13 hours ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Derby range of 146.7-170

Complete miss, but at least I was near the min. Now let’s see if it misses 138,122,261 — that will put the OW rank more similar to Dark a world than Rag.

19 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

star wars fandom is the worst fandom and it's not even close

Wait till we get Amazon's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power: A Lord of the Rings Story in a few months.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

if this means phase 5 is like The Last Knight (inarguably the most insane big budget movie ever made) then the whole MCU will have been worth it.

That honor goes to Terminator: Genysis, I was in awe.

• Like 1

So, if we get an open under 5x Thursday and still no real families/kids (and mostly based on the fanbase only), in theory, could Thor 4 MISS the summer Top 5?

Right now, it seems TGM, MOM, and JWD would all beat it...I already said (after seeing the Minions movie and understanding the teen trend) Minions 2 would beat it...so if this does end up in the lowish $300s Total DOM (total WAG, but let's roll with it), is there anything else opening this summer that could beat it out, and leave Disney shockingly with only 1 in the Top 5?

Does Super Pets fill a supers void that Thor didn't seem to, even though supers fans tend to avoid animated (ask Spiderverse)...does it cross over strongly enough in GA?  I think this open leaves the door wide open for a Super Pets surprise b/c people with movie subscriptions and who go often to the movies do seem to need their supers itch scratched.  Now, the little snack cakes did get the itch done a little, but it seems only 25 and below are seeing that, so could the Pets surprise?

That said, I'm not convinced myself, but it's something to ponder...I'm already floored that Disney may only have 1 of the summer top 4...what a year!

• Like 1

I think its absolutely possible Amazon got it wrong. We will get a news source on digital release for TGM for sure. if Cruise has a theatrical window contract, the new contract is a news for sure. 

That said it should have some impact on late legs(especially hitting labor day weekend), just digital release is not the same as seeing it for free in Disney +/HBO Max. But I hope this news is wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Does Super Pets fill a supers void that Thor didn't seem to, even though supers fans tend to avoid animated (ask Spiderverse)...does it cross over strongly enough in GA

It will be lucky to make $100 million dom

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

WOW. That is not good. @M37 I dont think your thread is in a coma at all. 🙂

Im Back Wake Up GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It will be lucky to make $100 million dom

You could totally be right.  Then again, 1st one, pets, Rock/Hart, the big trio, TONS and TONS of advertising (it's on every movie this summer, whether kid movies like Lightyear and Minions or adult ones like Top Gun Maverick and Strange...and it's even on the weekly cheap movies in the express), and the possibility some group could "adopt it" like teens adopted Minions 2 (is this in the meme culture?) - who the heck knows.

I know it will open over Paws of Fury and its predecessor Teen Titans Go to the Movies - after that...