The Wild Eric

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

4 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

That's an article from 2017. 5 years ago.

Since then Ms. Marvel has been relaunched several times due to poor sales and in December 2021 its latest #1 issue was the 175th best selling comic in the country with less than 8k comics sold (to stores, not the actual customer)

Ranking of comics changes every month some time a comics comes into top 100, top 50 sometimes out of top 100. The same thing was said about Captain Marvel even when her comics were in top 50 or top 100 many times.

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lmao was gonna give a verbal 0 warning for that. But yeah all the critics are biased/bought debate has been done ad nauseum on the boards, particularly when MCU/DC movies come out, and it almost always leads to trolling and mayhem. So it’s best we avoid these discussions unless you have some proof of the same. 

Yeah got your point.

But can we use words like lenient and harsh though. I know saying biased or bought is stupidity.

You know for example like - I feel critics were harsh on this movie or i think critics were easy on that movie. General statements only,  not implying anything.

Is that all right?

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

OT: BUT...If we're talking comics, the recent Christmas song themed "Batman/Catwoman" 12 issue series by Tom King was some recent brilliant story writing.  If you can handle his insatiable desire to never tell a story linearly, it really was a nicely done piece of comic work, which spotlighted Bat and Cat, mostly through Catwoman, to the absolutely most true seeming degree...

He's a writer who works best when he doesn't need to stick to any continuity but his own...early and mid Bendis writing also falls in this category:).  

31 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Only MCU shows that are somewhat good are Loki and Moon Knight.

WandaVision was going well but they blew the ending and now Dr Strange 2 has me completely sour on it.

Less said about FATWS & Hawkeye the better.

What If is just time pass stuff.

Near Greatness:

FATWS

WandaVision

Decent But Flawed:

Loki

Hawkeye

Disappointing:

Moon Knight

I'll stan for FATWS. Somebody has to. It's the only one of these shows that tackles real-world issues and doesn't feel like a Disney show on occasion. 

I'm looking forward to She-Hulk, if only for Murdock and the lawyer sitcom gimmick. But watch them abandon that gimmick in the last two episodes for bombastic action. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Was talking about Love and Thunder with one of my supervisors this morning and she might not see it this weekend now that I shared my take

I am spreading bad WOM :Venom: 

That's what my kids did for Lightyear...it's amazing how fast it spreads...

• Like 2

Critics didn't overrated some tv show or movie because of their "woke" content.  I try to explain it better: when everything is so formulaic and there is such a big numbers of similar productions (they all are superheroes right?) a different element is something can appear fresh. For me Mrs Marvel is kind of very mid but i really appeciate to see a muslim family and the fact her power are connected to her culture and something like that, and for that i liked it more than Winter soldier or Hawkeye cause they were like something i saw 1000 times.

All these marvel series until now as I said before are for me things wouldn't take a pilot order  by any network without the cinematic marvel brand but still I appreciate Mrs Marvel cause for some elements at least it was kinda fresh.

Same for Black Panther. I think doesnt have anything special in terms of technical things from other Marvel projects but when i saw it it was enjojable to see black people, africa culture and different things from that boring New York everywhere. 

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, Driver said:

Near Greatness:

FATWS

WandaVision

Decent But Flawed:

Loki

Hawkeye

Disappointing:

Moon Knight

I'll stan for FATWS. Somebody has to. It's the only one of these shows that tackles real-world issues and doesn't feel like a Disney show on occasion. 

I'm looking forward to She-Hulk, if only for Murdock and the lawyer sitcom gimmick. But watch them abandon that gimmick in the last two episodes for bombastic action. 

The writing on FATWS was just so … not good. It had potential, but really devolved into a generic buddy cop adventure with limited character development (I believe the development there was heavily impacted by COVID, so trying to not be too harsh, but finished product was just mediocre)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Driver said:

Near Greatness:

FATWS

WandaVision

Decent But Flawed:

Loki

Hawkeye

Disappointing:

Moon Knight

FATWS had poor writing and maybe the worst MCU villains ever.

WandaVision was going good, but it promised something mysterious and mind bending by the time it finishes, but it finished with generic final episode.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Falcon and WS was bad. The buddy dynamic honestly didn’t work as well without Cap in the middle and the writing was nonsensical to a ridiculous degree. Only fun part was Zemo coming back. 

They did release Zemo dancing for 1 hour video.

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Only MCU shows that are somewhat good are Loki and Moon Knight.

WandaVision was going well but they blew the ending and now Dr Strange 2 has me completely sour on it.

Less said about FATWS & Hawkeye the better.

What If is just time pass stuff.

Different strokes for different folks.

I know people who rank Ms Marvel as the best.

Myself? I love the Christmas theme from Hawkeye and the Ultron stuff from What If. If I was forced to rewatch two MCU tv shows it would be those two.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Falcon and WS was bad. The buddy dynamic honestly didn’t work as well without Cap in the middle and the writing was nonsensical to a ridiculous degree. Only fun part was Zemo coming back. 

The bloody shield is the most memorable moment of any of these shows. 

Good

- Ms marvel

- Moon knight,the finale was underwhelming.

-wandavision at least until the end.

Fine

Hawkeye

What if

Bad

Loki . Starts well but from 3 onwards it nosedives, pathetic villians, lazy script.

FATWS . Worst villians, pathetic political commentary ,boring leads 

• Like 1

I quit watching the MCU shows after Moon Knight tbh.

I like stuff like Legion and Daredevil. The rest of this Marvel TV stuff is just generic filler to me.

I already have a long list of shows I want to watch but lack the time like The Boys, Westworld, American Gods and Watchmen. 

• Like 1

Thor needs Loki. There, I said it. It's one of MCU most beloved dynamics. Separating them was a mistake which is felt here and on Loki. Their dynamic held all Thor movies together. There's nothing to hold L&T together. It isn't Taikia's excess - the movie isn't that excessive to begin with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1