Eric is Anxious

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

I see this thread went insane. Personally I just wanna bang everyone in Hollywood. 95% of them are just way too fucking hot for me not to want that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, CaptNathanBrittles said:

The total cost of THOR 3 was $470m including marketing + other expenses.  So THOR 4 is probably over $500m total costs. 

Despite grossing $850m THOR 3 did not go into profit until home video + TV.

This is not true.  

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I see this thread went insane. Personally I just wanna bang everyone in Hollywood. 95% of them are just way too fucking hot for me not to want that.

cjohn watching any movie:

8CGn.gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Right, but the point is that you nor anyone else should have to even see some of the crap that gets posted.  It's a forum for talking about box office, industry numbers and industry topics/news.  

If Eric or anyone wants to talk about how much they want to get it on with Thor or Chalamet or Portman or Jolie, take it to the off topic thread.  

It read a lot less sexualized then you are making it out to be seems maybe the male on male angle makes you uncomfortable or something.  I dont think anyone saw that and ran with it like you did.   

50 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

MCU needs Avengers.

Avengers was the Ace in the hole for MCU, the single biggest reason why people used to look forward to MCU movies was because of THE AVENGERS.

Phase 4 is the first Phase ever where there is no Avengers, and MCU is looking messy..... Coincidence? I think not. 

But people could just end up feeling like it's a retread... I do agree that the lack of broader purpose (or the perception of it) with Phase 4 probably isn't helping with general audiences. Without the sense the story is leading somewhere, there's less forgiveness of weaker quality entries and each movie relies on the popularity of the lead characters to compel audiences to care. And being on Disney+ in 45ish days doesn't help the box office.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

10 minutes ago, Borf the Borf said:

It read a lot less sexualized then you are making it out to be seems maybe the male on male angle makes you uncomfortable or something.  I dont think anyone saw that and ran with it like you did.   

Not at all, and I have a long history of being LGBTQ+ friendly and supportive on this board.  A dozen or so people also liked my response to it.  

Nice try, Borf the Borf, but I'm not uncomfortable at all with male on male angle.  I would be equally rolling my eyes at a man saying they wanted to kiss on a female's breasts in this thread.  

Also, lol at it not being sexualized.  It's about wanting to kiss his pecs complete with a drooling emoji.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Back to what this thread is actually for, the Thor early number looks like $40m for today.  

So, $109.5M through Sat.

20-30% drop for Sunday (with no families and really no teens getting drawn, and finally no holiday Monday) would be $28-$32M.

So, $137.5M to $141.5M for the weekend if today's $40M holds.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Shade

Christopher Miller always being sensitive to being negged. Whether for being in animation or comedy.

Funny how the person who made that first tweet is an Amphibia fan, which is a 'toon.

Mens abs are not women breasts. That's why they are in every marvel movies while womens breasts are not. And the reason women breats are censored everywhere from movies to instagram is because of the vision of the woman body in a society shaped by a male gazing.

When society is shaped like this a man commentary about a woman body of course is more predatory (cause you are very conservative about their bodies), a comment about a man abs is not, cause they are more free to show their body. It's all on you, the men (as always). 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

Mens abs are not women breasts. That's why they are in every marvel movies while womens breasts are not. And the reason women breats are censored everywhere from movies to instagram is because of the vision of the woman body in a society shaped by a male gazing.

When society is shaped like this a man commentary about a woman body of course is more predatory (cause you are very conservative about their bodies), a comment about a man abs are not. It's all on you, the men (as always). 

It wasn't about his abs.  Might want to re-read, and again, a comment about his pecs or abs would be fine.  "Damn he's so ripped!" is more than appropriate.  It's the wanting to kiss them with the drooling emoji.  

This isn't that hard, vale9001.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

O

But people could just end up feeling like it's a retread... I do agree that the lack of broader purpose (or the perception of it) with Phase 4 probably isn't helping with general audiences. Without the sense the story is leading somewhere, there's less forgiveness of weaker quality entries and the each movie relies on the popularity of the lead characters to compel audiences to care. And being on Disney+ in 45ish days doesn't help the box office.

Imagine this

Iron Man in 2008 and they keep doing what they did, and in 2018/19 they plan to do Infinity War part 1 & 2

The Infinity Saga needed Avengers 2012 and Age of Ultron to get to the Infinity War.

Similarly you see Phase 4 is a mess, they are building towards Multiverse, they are getting vague macguffin with no follow up whatsoever, we have celestials, young avengers etc and I'm sure all of this is building towards some big team up in future.

But lack of connecting links between is showing.

• Like 1