Eric the IF

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

1 minute ago, LegendaryBen said:

That would be below Elvis' 4th weekend.

I can see that happen easily. Elvis does like 7M and Paws is going under that.

• Like 2

Is this universal vod thing mainly just them having already committed to VOD after so many days if it falls under a certain number? I don’t think they can just adjust on a movie by movie basis? 
They’d have to make some big announcement changing the policy. Which is surely forthcoming. 

14 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Is this universal vod thing mainly just them having already committed to VOD after so many days if it falls under a certain number? I don’t think they can just adjust on a movie by movie basis? 
They’d have to make some big announcement changing the policy. Which is surely forthcoming. 

Over $50m is 31 days, under $50m is 17 days but that is minimum as Jurassic is 35 days and Black Phone is 21 days (which seems like they pushed them back to Friday releases)

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

4k listing with release date just appeared on Amazon. Wonder if it is an accident? 7 months until video release is pretty insane.

20220712-002756.jpg

that’s a placeholder date. Dec 31st is a Sunday this year. 
when they don’t know the date they will use Dec 31st until a date is announced. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

that’s a placeholder date. Dec 31st is a Sunday this year. 
when they don’t know the date they will use Dec 31st until a date is announced. 

Too good to be true. Hopefully Minions 2 gets at least 16 weeks in theaters first before the video release.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Too good to be true. Hopefully Minions 2 gets at least 16 weeks in theaters first before the video release.

I imagine they will want to cash in on Christmas, so likely late Nov/early Dec release, if not sooner. 

9 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Already??

I am probably wrong, but is it just me or have they severely underplayed Chris Pratt through all release cycle/publicity for JWD?

He is supposed to be the freaking lead! 

Edited by Xavier
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I am probably wrong, but is it just me or have they severely underplayed Chris Pratt through all realease cycle/publicity for JWD?

He is supposed to be the freaking lead! 

The marketing has been pushing the original trio HARD. Pratt and Howard have been sidelined.

1991 - Home Alone becomes the 12th film ever with +$200 million domestic gross.

2002 - Spider-Man becomes the 12th film ever with +$300 million domestic gross.

2011 - The Lion King (1994) becomes the 12th film ever with +$400 million domestic gross.

2022 - Top Gun: Maverick will cross $600 million domestic as the 12th film ever

Somehow we skipped "$500 million decade". $600m is the new $400m now :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1