charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

Got the Prime Day deal of AMC+ for $1 for 2 months to watch Better Call Saul Season 6, but can’t even watch the first half of it without buying the episodes??? They just came out 2-3 months ago, so is it only free on AMC+ for a limited time? What a garbage release strategy. Hopefully it comes to Netflix soon:sadfleck:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Wow! Missed a lot today lol. It’s my 19th wedding anniversary, and hockey free agency opened so I was preoccupied all day. All I can really add to what everyone else has said on the matter is….

good-great.gif

So you're into hockey free agency too? Awesome because I don't have many people to talk to about it online but in real life living in Toronto of course I have lots of people here.

Johnny Gaudreau not signing in Calgary for 8 years and 80 million saying he wants to be closer to his family and then signing in Columbus makes him a bold-faced liar and I don't like that LOL.... But it does make Patrick Laine fantasy relevant next year.

Pacioretty getting traded by Vegas certainly helps clear up some cap space for them so they can get Jack eichel under the salary cap next year.

Campbell to Edmonton is good.

I kind of love how aggressive Ottawa is being. They get Claude Giroux they previously signed Alex Debrincat and then they go ahead and sign Talbot. 

Seems like Tampa Bay is signing everyone to 8 years.

Detroit made a couple of good pickups.

Sorry to everyone else I know this is not the hockey free agency thread but I always get excited when someone else is into it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

OT: So, I decided to use this summer to watch all of the Tom Cruise films that I missed over his career, and little did I know the War of the Worlds on Twitter seems to be way more interesting than the actual movie.  It's probably a good thing that I don't do social media.  This board is one of my few internet social outlets, and that's probably a good thing:).

As for the movie I watched tonight, what a dang letdown.  Such a bad ending and a copout, too which drags it down a full letter grade.  I guess it was engaging on the small scale, so I'd give it a C-, but Oblivion (from a few weeks ago) was world's better.

Omg! I feel exactly the same way about war of the worlds as you do. I pretty much loved it up until the last 10 minutes and you're right the ending totally drags it down a full grade.

• Like 1

Everyone is celebrating like the last scene of fucking Return of the Jedi here. Guess having our entire discourse being controlled by a union busting mean spirited baby back bitch wasn't making people happy

1 minute ago, baumer said:

So you're into hockey free agency too? Awesome because I don't have many people to talk to about it online but in real life living in Toronto of course I have lots of people here.

Johnny Gaudreau not signing in Calgary for 8 years and 80 million saying he wants to be closer to his family and then signing in Columbus makes him a bold-faced liar and I don't like that LOL.... But it does make Patrick Laine fantasy relevant next year.

Pacioretty getting traded by Vegas certainly helps clear up some cap space for them so they can get Jack eichel under the salary cap next year.

Campbell to Edmonton is good.

I kind of love how aggressive Ottawa is being. They get Claude Giroux they previously signed Alex Debrincat and then they go ahead and sign Talbot. 

Seems like Tampa Bay is signing everyone to 8 years.

Detroit made a couple of good pickups.

Sorry to everyone else I know this is not the hockey free agency thread but I always get excited when someone else is into it.

Yes! Love hockey lol. I’m

in Toronto as well but I’m a sabres fan cause Rick Vaive used to be my favourite player and when he ended up on Buffalo when I was younger that became my team. 

I was on the way to the keg for dinner with my wife when I saw the Gaudrea signing, j was shocked lol. 

All your other points I agree with.

I don’t like the leafs team this year tbh, questionable goaltending and D, but maybe it will all work out.

Apologies for going off topic everyone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Everyone is celebrating like the last scene of fucking Return of the Jedi here. Guess having our entire discourse being controlled by a union busting mean spirited baby back bitch wasn't making people happy

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Yes! Love hockey lol. I’m

in Toronto as well but I’m a sabres fan cause Rick Vaive used to be my favourite player and when he ended up on Buffalo when I was younger that became my team. 

I was on the way to the keg for dinner with my wife when I saw the Gaudrea signing, j was shocked lol. 

All your other points I agree with.

I don’t like the leafs team this year tbh, questionable goaltending and D, but maybe it will all work out.

Apologies for going off topic everyone. 

Well I'm a leafs fan first but I'm a closet Buffalo Sabers fan as well. I think if they can add maybe just one piece they're going to be pretty good this year. They ended the year last year on a total hot streak and I think with guys like Jeff Skinner getting better and then the pieces they got in the jack eichel trade, they're going to be a lot better this year than people are giving them credit for.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1