charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

3 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

I don’t know what you guys are even talking about. 700 is LOCKED. Purple user said so.

Alas, he's not purple for the time being.

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

We're gonna get another Fox News style rant now.

Well um...you're gonna have to wait two months. I'll just leave it at that. :ph34r:

• Astonished 3

3 hours ago, krla said:

Those diversity demos are probably the closest to the racial demographics of the US as a whole, compared to every other movie on that list. So instead of 'white people love Top Gun', it's more "everyone loves Top Gun". 

US:

58% white

19 hispanic

12 black

6 Asian

Looks like Lost City and Northman were very close, TGM is modestly white skewing.

1 hour ago, Eric Odinson said:

Alas, he's not purple for the time being.

Well um...you're gonna have to wait two months. I'll just leave it at that. :ph34r:

What post precipitated that?

Anyway, I am also doubting $700m in the cards after this weekend/Monday.

Maybe there will be a big Tuesday increase in store.

4 hours ago, krla said:

Those diversity demos are probably the closest to the racial demographics of the US as a whole, compared to every other movie on that list. So instead of 'white people love Top Gun', it's more "everyone loves Top Gun". 

Except the moviegoing audience for years now has skewed younger and towards metro areas, and therefore does not typically reflect the overall demographics of the US 

TGM brought in a lot of older and/or more casual viewers, and since that pool is significantly more white, it’s an outlier. White people who don’t typically frequent movie theaters loved TGM

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

US:

58% white

19 hispanic

12 black

6 Asian

Looks like Lost City and Northman were very close, TGM is modestly white skewing.

Does this include White-Hispanic? There are a lot of Spanish-speaking white-Hispanic which will soon be just "white" in next generation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Thats why Bros seems refreshing and the creator said he didn’t want to go down the vanilla route. 

As another gay man I can’t wait for it and my whole crowd are excited too. There’s literally never been anything like it from a major studio in cinemas. 

But it was for free on disney plus one month ago with Fire Island and only (some) gays care about it. 

4 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Did the Bridesmaids trailer indicate any heart in it?

Edit:  Just rewatched it and it ended on McCarthy burping and saying she doesn't know which end it came out of...

If that didn’t make you absolutely fall in love with her… I don’t know man 😅

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

But it was for free on disney plus one month ago with Fire Island and only (some) gays care about it. 

That's why it's a Searchlight Disney+ release, Bros is distributed by a major label and an exclusive theatre release. Also it's a rated R LGBT content, unlike Love, Simon.

1 hour ago, Jiffy said:

What post precipitated that?

EmpireCity already had 8 points to his name at the time, largely due to posts that exhibit an aggressive, antagonistic behavior, but what gave him those two final points and a two-month suspension was his post that went after users upset over the mistreatment of VFX companies. This led to a condescending post that directly attacked the BOT community, especially our younger BOT members that was absolutely unnecessary. He insulted and mocked people here who were frustrated over the alleged crunch issues the VFX industry faces in major Hollywood movies, especially from Marvel, resulting in a rant about younger people and how they refuse to work, even stating that young people have nothing to complain. This made a lot of users very uncomfortable and angry at somebody who is already a controversial figure here on the forum.

But that's not the main issue here. Rather, EC derailed the thread into a gigantic flame war right under the staff's noses. The staff was asleep and unable to stop this from happening, was a clear offense against our own guidelines, and we felt this was perhaps the worst instance of something that had been happening for a long time. His condescending and aggressive attitude towards users was all right here, and he has shown no signs of improvement, even when staff members have told him to knock it off. And since he was already close to 10 warning points, we had to give him a suspension.

This decision was a tough one for the staff, but we felt it was for the best that he was suspended and away from the boards for a while. Either way, we hope that when EmpireCity does return and gives us his always valuable presence and information, he's more cooperative and willing to at least compromise with the staff, even if he may feel we were out of line in some way.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 4

LOL he was suspended? 

Well, i don't have anything particular against him but he have a consistent condescending tone lately that was definitely getting annoying.

Nobody likes to deal with "i'm better than all you because i'm an insider" type of posts.

• Like 2

The latest outburst was entirely of his own doing. Nobody was flaming him. He just set himself on fire. Mods had no recourse other than to ban him for a while considering his other many warnings. Sad he is not around to update the numbers but standards have to be upheld.

• Like 7