charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

3 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

The latest outburst was entirely of his own doing. Nobody was flaming him. He just set himself on fire. Mods had no recourse other than to ban him for a while considering his other many warnings. Sad he is not around to update the numbers but standards have to be upheld.

Yeah, EC was the one who brought the fire unprompted, waltzing into the weekend thread like 

On Fire Burn GIF by Us

Not gonna cheer a suspension, but probably for the best tbh

Basically the same thing that happened last time. 

Anyway, not sure if bigger Tuesday increase is a real thing or a minions fluke last week.

I'll guess

Thor 14-14.5 

Minions 8

Top Gun 2.7

For all his usefulness, @EmpireCity is a massive dick. I remember when he reduced Work-From-Home to "extended leisure time" or something like that. I'm shocked this forum has been so lenient on him for so long.

Weekend threads are going to be even more dead than before, but at least he has a Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmpireCityBO/with_replies

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 2

20 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

For all his usefulness, @EmpireCity is a massive dick. I remember when he reduced Work-From-Home to "extended leisure time" or something like that. I'm shocked this forum has been so lenient on him for so long.

Weekend threads are going to be even more dead than before, but at least he has a Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmpireCityBO/with_replies

I’ve never once found him ‘a dick’ personally. He’s championed the comeback of theatres, despite incessant doom mongering in these parts - which I personally have found far more damaging than anything he’s said about anything else.  He just says what he thinks when a topic comes up where he has a contrary opinion, but it’s not like said topics are started by him.

the working from home comment? Big deal!! I’ve had tons of friends lording it up at home compared to what they did in the office. They still get their work done but say it feels exactly like that.  How can anybody take offence to that line?

Take the ‘Taika’ one the other day. I didn’t see him embedding links to the tweet/video and FX and then it spiralling from there? He merely said what he thought, and based on that alone - this self-entitled generation he speaks of has a ton of truth in it. He is concerned about it and just says what he thinks.  I’ve no issue with that at all. 

So what if some disagree with anything anyone says, but I think others get away with murder on here and stay intact. 

maybe I missed what he said for a ban this time around, but if he is banned for months that’s a detriment to this forum in my opinion. We need his insight to the numbers. 

Please bring him back @Eric Odinson

i won’t be the only one calling for it. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Eric Odinson said:

EmpireCity already had 8 points to his name at the time, largely due to posts that exhibit an aggressive, antagonistic behavior, but what gave him those two final points and a two-month suspension was his post that went after users upset over the mistreatment of VFX companies. This led to a condescending post that directly attacked the BOT community, especially our younger BOT members that was absolutely unnecessary. He insulted and mocked people here who were frustrated over the alleged crunch issues the VFX industry faces in major Hollywood movies, especially from Marvel, resulting in a rant about younger people and how they refuse to work, even stating that young people have nothing to complain. This made a lot of users very uncomfortable and angry at somebody who is already a controversial figure here on the forum.

But that's not the main issue here. Rather, EC derailed the thread into a gigantic flame war right under the staff's noses. The staff was asleep and unable to stop this from happening, was a clear offense against our own guidelines, and we felt this was perhaps the worst instance of something that had been happening for a long time. His condescending and aggressive attitude towards users was all right here, and he has shown no signs of improvement, even when staff members have told him to knock it off. And since he was already close to 10 warning points, we had to give him a suspension.

This decision was a tough one for the staff, but we felt it was for the best that he was suspended and away from the boards for a while. Either way, we hope that when EmpireCity does return and gives us his always valuable presence and information, he's more cooperative and willing to at least compromise with the staff, even if he may feel we were out of line in some way.

just saw this after my post @Eric Odinson  

I mean, fair enough but I personally didn’t see anything that bad and it’s not like he started any of it.  I also see some of his rants laced with plenty of sarcasm so I don’t see how anyone really gets their backs up about anything ‘controversial’ he might say. 

That’s just me though. 

It’s a shame all round but if you’ve all got together and felt two months appropriate then that is what it is. Seems massively OTT to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

He shouldn't get preferential treatment, he aggravated a bunch of people here over the last few months and is paying the price for it. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I’ve never once found him ‘a dick’ personally. He’s championed the comeback of theatres, despite incessant doom mongering in these parts - which I personally have found far more damaging than anything he’s said about anything else.  He just says what he thinks when a topic comes up where he has a contrary opinion, but it’s not like said topics are started by him.

the working from home comment? Big deal!! I’ve had tons of friends lording it up at home compared to what they did in the office. They still get their work done but say it feels exactly like that.  How can anybody take offence to that line?

Take the ‘Taika’ one the other day. I didn’t see him embedding links to the tweet/video and FX and then it spiralling from there? He merely said what he thought, and based on that alone - this self-entitled generation he speaks of has a ton of truth in it. He is concerned about it and just says what he thinks.  I’ve no issue with that at all. 

So what if some disagree with anything anyone says, but I think others get away with murder on here and stay intact. 

maybe I missed what he said for a ban this time around, but if he is banned for months that’s a detriment to this forum in my opinion. We need his insight to the numbers. 

Yep 👍 iam with you bring him back.

• Like 4

Well. Forums just got less fun. I find wildly “know it better” and “know it all”. But to ban him for 2 months for this is just stupid IMO. 

He brings so much to this here and should have a little more room to be his annoying self.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

He shouldn't get preferential treatment, he aggravated a bunch of people here over the last few months and is paying the price for it. 

I think the debate over who antagonised whom is massively subjective tbh. 

The things he’s discussed he never started, and the subjects alone are inevitable to have diverse opinions. You can’t bring up a subject on a forum and then when somebody has an opinion you don’t like you cry murder and want a ban. 

Going back to the thing he’s really all about - championing theatres with facts. There are a number on here that were constantly down on theatres, even as the tide was turning. Right through Christmas and spring.  I found that the most offensive thing of anything written on here this past year. But again, it’s not like I was calling for bans. 

@EmpireCity is one of the best contributors on here.  I can see this was a tough decision for the mods, but I’m not going to pretend I’m happy about it. As others won’t. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

You guys must be living in a complete alternate reality :jeb!:

:hahaha:

it is the multiverse era!

seriously though….loads of us are massive dicks, but I wouldn’t want any of us banned. The ignore button is for those that are offended by stuff the majority of us just see as banter.

if mods aren’t around to clear it up when it’s happening then I can’t see how that’s the users fault?  

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

$14.0M (+14.94%) | Thor: Love &Thunder

$7.5M (+19.24%) | Minions 2

$2.5M (+22.55%) | Top Gun: Maverick 

Slightly stronger than past Tues I suppose but not that huge. Are the resumed discounts in effect yet across the board, or only partially?