grim22

Kung Fu Panda 4 | March 8 2024

With such a drastic fall in budget from the first 3, how will the animation compare? I know Dreamworks is using the Illumination budget cutting strategy, but I want to know how the animation will compare to the old movies and other current animated movies.

Twitter reviews for Thursday previews are much more positive than I thought, hopefully it reflects in user rating on RT

Kung Fu panda did what shrek couldn’t, make 4 good movies 😅. (I know shrek forever after was still successful)

I have just seen this and I was shocked this was just made for 85M. This has some of the most beautiful fight sequences in the whole series. I wish it was longer, but I enjoyed this a lot. I think this will do better than the last one domestically and worldwide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

With such a drastic fall in budget from the first 3, how will the animation compare? I know Dreamworks is using the Illumination budget cutting strategy, but I want to know how the animation will compare to the old movies and other current animated movies.

I didn't notice much of a difference at all. I still can't believe the budget was just 85M. It's crazy.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I have just seen this and I was shocked this was just made for 85M. This has some of the most beautiful fight sequences in the whole series. I wish it was longer, but I enjoyed this a lot. I think this will do better than the last one domestically and worldwide.

Yes! I hope so too. 🤩😎 🐼

It better do better than the previous one at the box office, and i think it will thrive and have life at the box office. Considering there’s no other animated film for Panda to compete with for almost over two months until Garfield in May.

My inner love for this franchise is warming up even more. Go, Po! Go, Po! 🙆🏻‍♀️🤩

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 9:21 PM, Cmasterclay said:

Frankly a little stunned how little this seems to be breaking out considering the huge trailer views, initial buzz, nostalgia factor, and starved kid's market. I predicted 55/180 in the 2024 predictions and now I hope it just gets over 100.

Shoulda just stuck with your gut lol 😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Shoulda just stuck with your gut lol 😆

Never a doubt! The lesson, as with Minions and other examples - if tracking is gonna surprise, it's gonna be with a kids movie. Though frankly Quorum always lined up with me!

Not counting Sunday, kung fu panda 4 has done 2 million in Spain and highest day of year on Saturday 1.22 million 

for reference kung fu panda 3 did 1.6 million in its opening weekend 

just from Spain and USA opening weekend is gonna be 50% higher than kung fu panda 3 

https://x.com/franspeech/status/1766807467411886485?s=46

I wonder if this can do 700 million I guess depends on china 

Edited by Minnale101

There's apparently some behind the scenes drama that went on making the movie, and some bizarre creative decisions made; At least according to the co-director.

What were they thinking???

Edited by WebSurfer
Removed spoiler

Obviously I wish the movie was better but it’s making seem like movie was this like mademe web 2 lol

it was watchable, could have been way worse, could have been way better 

I was gonna say hopefully they learn from mistakes but movie seems like it’s headed towards highest grossing kung fu panda movie, just wish kung fu panda 5 has more serious undertones 

because the villain compared to past 3 villains is so badly written