Eric the IF

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

I find it most fascinating that Disney wouldn't give actual release date confirmations beyond vague "2024" statements even though they already have a bunch of dates planted for that year. I'm guessing Snow White ends up with the March 22 title (live-action Cinderella/Beauty and the Beast spot) while Lion King is the one for July 5. Elio (March 1) and Inside Out 2 (June 14) are pretty obvious with their date selections.

• Like 3

Might as well pop this in as well.

Jordan Maison is reporting that two of the kids of the upcoming D+ SW series Skeleton Crew have been cast:

Filming on Star Wars‘ live-action series revealed during Celebration is happening now, and we know two of the kids starring in the series.

When it rains, it pours apparently. On the heels of hearing about casting for Ezra Bridger in Star Wars: Ahsoka, I’ve also heard about two of the young cast members for another Star Wars live-action series!

Though it had been rumored for a bit, official news of Star Wars: Skeleton Crew came during this year’s Star Wars Celebration. Details on the series were relatively scarce, as the series would put the focus on four kids who end up lost in the galaxy (around the same time period as The Mandalorian shows). At the time of its announcement, the only cast member revealed was Jude Law.

http://www.cinelinx.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Kyriana-Kratter-Bunkd.jpg
Kyriana Kratter as Nadine in Disney Channel’s Bunk’d

According to my sources, two of the four kids will be played by Kyriana Kratter and Ravi Cabot-Conyers. Kratter is mostly known for her role as Nadine in the Disney Channel series, Bunk’d. Cabot-Conyers has had recurring roles on #BlackAF on Netflix, while also providing the voice of Antonio in Disney’s Encanto!

As for who they’ll be playing, and details on their new characters…I have no idea. All I’ve heard is they’re part of the cast for the new Star Wars series. Hopefully D23 Expo will bring clarification on these castings!

http://www.cinelinx.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Ravi-Cabot-Conyers.jpg
Ravi Cabot-Conyers as Cam Barris in #BlackAF

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew is set to hit Disney+ sometime next year.

Main reason I'm popping it in here, is both Jordan Maison and other sources who I don't feel like giving prominence are claiming that there is a very high likelihood of a cast announcement for Skeleton Crew at D23.  If there is a cast announcement for that, fairly good odds for one for Ahsoka as well.

Anyway, not expecting much SW news out of D23, but cast announcements would be something a bit more than I was expecting.

7 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Pretty bold move casting complete randos for a movie that already doesn't have much in the way of a selling point. Let's see if it works next year.

If it becomes a pattern beyond Elemental, I wouldn't complain as I liked how the voice actors from the Renaissance films were barely known or Broadway stars without cinema experience, becoming globally recognized for the one Disney character they voiced.

I don't know if celeb voices really add anything to animated movies BO appeal wise unless it's a Robin Williams as Genie match made in heaven. If Chapek's gonna cost-cut, this is one area I would be fine with.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

The Little Mermaid trailer is getting downvoted to hell, racists are gross.

Is that why the trailer on ET and Rotten Tomatoes's channels and even some reaction videos are appearing in search results above Disney's official channel? It will be splitting views but the good news is people have several avenues to enjoy the teaser and be completely oblivious to BS.