Eric the IF

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

4 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

I’m a massive Lion King fan, but they better stop that Mufasa mess. Leave it as it is, no need for unnecessary stories

yeah. To be honest, whilst I’m intrigued with Jenkins making it, that it’ll be the same soulless unemotive realness of the last one - just immediately turns me off. If they’d made this as a full on hand drawn animated prequel with the same budget and time given to the 94 one - I’d be all in. 

Anthropomorphism is the key to most of Disney’s success with animation. They went way too far the other way with Lion King 2019, and ripped out the one thing that makes these things work. 

Edited by wildphantom

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I really need Feige to be merciful and reveal that Fantastic Four cast today. Can't take anymore of the crappiest fan castings and fake leaks.

Yeah those are annoying af. Reddit has contradicting (f)leaks every hour. I think it's a given that they are announcing director and cast today. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Just now, cookie said:

So is the panel getting livestreamed after all?

Nope. They're streaming the following today....

10:30 a.m. – Talkin’ Pets with the Vets of National Geographic • Join National Geographic’s vet sensations Dr. Jan Pol and his wife Diane (The Incredible Dr. Pol); Dr. Vernard Hodges (Critter Fixers: Country Vets); Dr. Geoff Pye, Dr. Jen Flower, and animal keeper Rain Westgard (Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom); and Alfonso Ribeiro (America’s Funniest Home Videos: Animal Edition) for a heartwarming look behind the scenes of their popular series, moderated by Tamron Hall (Tamron Hall Show).

12 p.m. – Bob’s Burgers • The Emmy® Award-winning animated series Bob’s Burgers joins D23 Expo hot off the critically acclaimed release of The Bob’s Burgers Movie! The cast and creators will break news and have you howling with laughter during a lively panel discussion.

2 p.m. – MARVEL COMICS: Celebrating 60 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man • Celebrate 60 spectacular, sensational, web-slinging years of Spider-Man! From his humble debut in 1962’s Amazing Fantasy #15, he wall-crawled his way to international super-stardom. Now, join Executive Spider-Editor Nick Lowe and Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski as they team up to trace the comics history of the web-head across six decades—and BEYOND! Tantalizing trivia about the webbed wonder will be shared in this can’t-miss panel, so be sure to swing by!

3:30 p.m. – Disney’s Epic Entertainment Showcase: The Musical: The Extravaganza! • Join Disney Branded Television for an exclusive showcase that highlights a legacy of excellence in storytelling and includes talent appearances, performances, and never-before-seen previews of original content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior.

6 p.m. – D23 Disney Stars Trivia Showdown • Join the iconic Nina West (RuPaul’s Drag Race, Hairspray on Tour, D23 Mousequerade 2022) as she hosts hopeful celebrity contestants and audience members through a kaleidoscopic world of larger-than-life Disney Games, including Disney Trivia, physical challenges, and so much more!

6:30 p.m. – The Making of Disney100: The Exhibition • Producers from Walt Disney Archives, Semmel Exhibitions, and Studio TK reveal illuminating details about the all-new exhibition celebrating 100 Years of Disney Wonder, scheduled to premiere at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia in February 2023.

• Like 1