Airplane  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Airplane

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Eh, it's mildly amusing but to call it "one of the funniest" I'm not too sure.It has no story, for one, has absolutely no sense of continuity and is just random shit happening.If something like this were made today, everyone would be hating on it.

Eh, it's mildly amusing but to call it "one of the funniest" I'm not too sure.It has no story, for one, has absolutely no sense of continuity and is just random shit happening.If something like this were made today, everyone would be hating on it.

It has been tried and utterly failed. The reason I love it (and I suspect others as well) is the jokes are done deadpanned. I love the fact they took a screenplay and just rewrote with some jokes thrown in. And no story? Actually there is and in fact there's even character arc with Striker and his anxiety from the war which he overcomes to save the passengers. There's far more story here than in the lame ass ones lately...
  • Like 1

It is what it is.

I'll never be one to consider this a classic as some do.  It's simply too damn dense and grating of a watch at times. That being said, there are moments of random and bizarre hilarity and the film is consistently fun.  If anything, it was actually coincidentally refreshing and depressing that this film likely took more chances PC-wise than many others would even attempt in this modern age.

Simply put............sit back, get inebriated, and bask in the complete and utter ridiculousness.
  • Like 1

Wow. One of the most consistently funny movies ever. It's just joke after joke after joke, and they all hit. So what if the plot is thin and it's just a series of sketches, it's a spoof, and a great one.

10/10

• Like 1

Just saw it for the 1st time.

Yeah. I just saw Airplane for the 1st time. :sadben:

Just kicked myself for only seeing Airplane now.

This film is nothing more than 3-4 running gags repeated for about 130 mins.

And it's fucking HILARIOUS. So wrong, so nonsensical, so cheesy, and at the same time, it hits all the comedy notes and then some. Surely one of the funniest films ever made.

....oh who am I kidding?

Stop calling me Surely. I noticed that.

A