Eric is Anxious

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

28/55/60/43 = $186M

Sticking to my guns on Sat increase, even with holiday, but we’ll see if goes Minions route instead 

Impossible. Saturday PS likely down 20% from friday and average ticket price would be lower due to more tickets sold early. Still thinking such a big increase is possible after Veteran's day !!!!

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

How likely / realistic is $180 m? I know people are throwing around numbers to support it, but is it probable at all?

It’s perfectly realistic but we really need a better idea of what Friday will do before we can say how likely it is. If Friday comes in at $55M then it’s very likely. If it comes in at $50M then it’s unlikely. It’s right on that threshold either way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah but young people saved Democracy on Tuesday so that was nice.

You’re welcome 😎 unfortunately some

are calling to raise the voting age as a result 😂 it’ll never happen though! 

anyway can’t wait to support Namor! Love me some Mesoamerican/Mexican representation (America Chavez, Namor, Blue Beetle) 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, M37 said:

28/55/60/43 = $186M

Sticking to my guns on Sat increase, even with holiday, but we’ll see if goes Minions route instead 

Hope you're right! 

The Minions franchise seems to be its own thing though. The first one did the same thing on Saturday and I think Despicable Me 3 did as well, and all those opened on different dates (July 1, July 10 and June 30 respectively).

15 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Impossible. Saturday PS likely down 20% from friday and average ticket price would be lower due to more tickets sold early. Still thinking such a big increase is possible after Veteran's day !!!!

Oof. Hoping for more surprise walk ups tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Agree to disagree. :lol:

Fair enough. There are those who think the opposite too. I personally am hardly political - though if I had to label myself I would be Conservative - because I think the tribal Republican vs Democrat, left vs right, keeps us divided.

Anyway, moving on!

I know main discussion is on whether Sat can increase over true Fri but I would keep an eye on the Sun drop as well. Latin demo tends to overperform on Sundays. Coco enjoyed soft drops on actuals compared to estimates thanks to stronger Sundays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I know main discussion is on whether Sat can increase over true Fri but I would keep an eye on the Sun drop as well. Latin demo tends to overperform on Sundays. Coco enjoyed soft drops on actuals compared to estimates thanks to stronger Sundays.

And Sundays have been pretty solid post-pandemic too. It's Saturdays that have really taken a hit. Then again, maybe Sundays are just looking better coming off lower Saturdays. Idk.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Impossible. Saturday PS likely down 20% from friday and average ticket price would be lower due to more tickets sold early. Still thinking such a big increase is possible after Veteran's day !!!!

Veterans Day falling on Fri isn’t like Black Friday, at most it’s like Good Fri, and IMO an even lesser effect - all movies increased for Sat in 2016 the last time the calendar fell this way, as did Thor in July with a pseudo July 4th holiday on it’s Friday

I know there’s good arguments against an increase, but not “impossible”, and I’m not just wishcasting this out of thin air. We’ll find out soon enough 

23 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think Deadline should post an early number with $ 78M FRI (50M true Friday) and $160M OW so the meltdowns would give us at least more 10 pages 

If Deadline posts that Friday number, the final OW probably would not make $160M...

That said, it would probably make the thread go to 100 pages...

• Like 1