Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

2 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Brazil would be completely obliterated if we faced either Argentina or France. Absolutely the best two teams in the world right now.

You know I wasn't going to watch the game because in my mind I thought if I watch it I am going to jinx it. Same thing happened I started watching after Argentina took 2-0 lead and lo and behold france came back. After that I didn't watch the first half then Argentina again scored I watched the match only to France score again. At that point I was very frustrated lol. I had given up but then it went to penalty and I thought fuck it I'm gonna watch no matter what happens. I'm very glad that I could witness History..... My heart was pounding like crazy the whole time.. 😅

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

I am not convinced this beats Batman with actuals. The studio drop is quite reasonable.

I don’t know whether it’s a good or bad opening but I do know if you’d told me a week ago it’d be on par with The Batman I’d have been very surprised. I wasn’t exactly impressed with the latter’s weekend haul. 

• Like 1

It is funny and a tad ironic that the threads excitement overall has nothing to do with the box office gross, other than killing it in some places 😂😂 I was already a lower predictor (still too high) and the lack of pizzazz in this long ass thread is a sad statement on the Box Office performance. 

Just now, Korra Legion said:

What kind of sport decides to settle overtime by penalty kicks anyway? If people like the gameplay of soccer have you considered determining a winner via additional soccer gameplay?

the biggest sport in the world. The beautiful game. That’s what. 

Just now, Korra Legion said:

What kind of sport decides to settle overtime by penalty kicks anyway? If people like the gameplay of soccer have you considered determining a winner via additional soccer gameplay?

Are you advocating to remove penalty shoot-outs?

Just now, Nero said:

Go touch some grass

I mean, he isn’t wrong about Saudi Arabia tho. Winning against Argentina isn’t easy. Same could be said about Tunisia if France had won. I’m one of the very first to openly call Messi as one of THE goats of the sport, topping all the Ronaldos and next only to Pelé, but Mbappe is no joke either. If there is one football player to watch in the upcoming World Cups actually present at this World Cup, it’s him. He is the only one that could come close to Messi or maybe even surpass Messi in the upcoming years. And I say this as a lover and a fan of the sport and the art called football, Mbappe is only 23 years old, won an World Cup and could very much still win others. 

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

It is funny and a tad ironic that the threads excitement overall has nothing to do with the box office gross, other than killing it in some places 😂😂 I was already a lower predictor (still too high) and the lack of pizzazz in this long ass thread is a sad statement on the Box Office performance. 

Don’t worry, a lot of the page count really is from discussing BO/movies

Spoiler

Marvel bo/movies, but still 💪

• Haha 1