Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

12 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

People think World Cup final will effect usa box office of avatar? 

a Houston Texans vs denver broncos game would generate 3x more viewership in America lol

if anything gonna affect avatar tomorrow it’s nfl in USA 

As others pointed out WC ratings have been strong in the US. 2018 WC final averaged 17.8 million and 2022 should do much better because of Messi. NFL as of a month ago was averaging 16 million.

Edited by danziger

18 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

People think World Cup final will effect usa box office of avatar? 

a Houston Texans vs denver broncos game would generate 3x more viewership in America lol

if anything gonna affect avatar tomorrow it’s nfl in USA 

Messi's in the final. My brother who usually says, "F it", is getting up at 7am to watch it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cap said:

I just glanced at my IMAX screen for now until Christmas. They are seats all the way booked to Christmas. The 2:30 and 6:30pm are the most popular. It’s sold out for tomorrow (10:30am, 2:30pm, 6:30pm) and the 6:30pm on Tuesday is sold out. 

The 2D showings are still lacking. Tomorrow it looked like some people were showing up for the 2D showings around the 3 to 6 window, but the showings before, and after was still really bare. So it looks like the PLFs in my area, at least, are supporting the long legs theory.

Very few people are wanting to watch an Avatar movie in 2D, that’s entirely unsurprising. Although the HFR 2D show is 70% sold in the evenings for the next week near me. 

14 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

so i take it the problem for this weekend at least is poor walk-up's due to people not wanting to see in standard format?

Probably. I am waiting till tomorrow to see it, so I can watch it in IMAX 3D. which I bought my ticket for about a week ago and was already selling out. I imagine many people are doing the same. 

Still a disappointing opening. we are looking at $135m opening weekend. give or take $10m I would say. 

It's going to be pretty leggy I am sure. but weather it has original avatar legs we will have to wait and see.

37 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

How did the people in the avatar showing react

I’m the lobby guy, I’m the one letting folks in…

…in fact, Disney isn’t allowing Regal employees to use their monthly free tickets to see Avatar for the first week or two. Disney did the same thing with Black Panther. 😑

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Realistically we're probably looking at $42-44M for Saturday. I'd say it's 95% likely to fall in that range.

2 hours ago, Korra Legion said:

I would not

24 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

₹364 crores.

22 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Solid

What was that Mr. 14x Derby Winner? 

See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3